✎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ━━━━━━━ 𝐀𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐂𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍, 𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋

DEATH TOUCHES EVERYONE AT LEAST ONCE IN THEIR LIFE. If you're one of the lucky ones then once is all you'll have to get of death's cold and unforgiving hand but, if you're one of the unlucky ones like Shay Miller, then death is like an old friend.

"We need more ice." Gemma announced as she looked at Shay and Donna with a raised eyebrow.

The matriarch of SAMCRO had been shocked to say the least when Donna offered to stay behind and help clean up Abel's welcoming home party. Donna had exactly been fond of the club but, it was nice to see the Winston woman warming up some.

"I can go get it." Donna volunteered with a small smile forming on her face.

Donna was happy with her decision to stay later. It not only showed she supported Opie and his decision to be all in with the club, but it also showed Shay that she wasn't turning her back on her.

Shay was the only person to keep her sane when Opie got locked up in Chino. The only person to check in on her and the kids. Shay was a true friend through everything in Donna's life while everyone else she had thought was a friend had left her high and dry when she began dating Ope but not Shay — never Shay.

"I'll go with you." Shay offered while already grabbing her car keys from her pocket.

"No, it's okay." Donna shook her head. "Stay here with Leela and Abel." The short haired woman added with a small smirk on her face.

She wanted to add Jax name to that list too but figured her best friend wouldn't be too fond of that, though by the roll of Shay's eyes she was certain she knew exactly what she was thinking — the smirk on her face probably didn't help at all.

"Smart ass." Shay muttered with a roll of her eyes while playfully hitting her shoulder against Donna's.

Donna let out a laugh, "I'll be gone for five minutes. You won't miss me that much." She teased.

Shay dramatically put a hand over her heart, "I'll miss you so much. I don't know how I'll go on." She teased with a pout on her face.

"You'll survive." Donna promised with a laugh. "Do you need anything else besides ice, Gemma?" Donna asked, turning her attention onto the older woman.

"No." Gemma shook her head while handing a ten dollar bill over to Donna. "Thank you." She added with a barely there smile.

"No problem." Donna smiled, taking the money from Gemma's manicured fingers.

"I'll be back." Donna promised with a smile looking at back at Shay before leaving the kitchen.

Shay watched Donna leave before walking over towards Gemma, placing the back of her hand on the older brunette's forehead.