Chapter 7: A Pure One

Hopper makes his way through the hospital, getting into the elevator and making his way to Max's room. Joyce and Will look up when they see Hopper come in, Joyce going to hug him tightly.

"What are you doing here?" Joyce questions in his ear.

"Don't worry they're safe." Hopper says, them drawing away.

"Is Nancy still with them?" Will questions.

"No she's back here." Hopper responds.

"So you left them alone?" Will questions baffled.

"Don't worry they are fine." Hopper assures. "I am going right back there."

"Yeah I don't think that's a good idea." Will whispers.

"Everyone is watching our every move now, someone could follow you and you can lead them right to them. Some of Jason's friends just questioned where they were and if they see you leaving they will follow you."

Hopper takes a breath, he knows that Will is right, he regrets leaving them alone but at the same time he had to be sure that Nancy got here safe as well. He knows that Nancy can handle herself but he didn't want to take any chances. "Dammit."

"Please tell me there is some way we can communicate with them." Joyce mentions.

Hopper takes out a walkie talkie, holding it out for them to see. "Channel five, that is a private channel." He says while giving them each a walkie talkie. "Do not say anything until you put in the secret code." He says, clicking the button three times then another two times in a pattern. "Then from there say whatever you need to say."

"Got it." Will says, Joyce nodding her head while they both take the walkie talkies.

"How did things go with Kali?" Joyce questions.

Hopper takes a breath while shaking his head. "Not good."

"What do you mean not good?" Will questions.

"Not good meaning she doesn't want to help us. She's pissed El left her for us and she doesn't want to help." Hopper responds.

"Does she know the original number one with powers is using his power for bad? You know...to destroy the entire world?!" Will questions.

"Yeah believe me we told her everything, she still doesn't care." Hopper mentions.

"There has to be something that can be done." Joyce says.

"Well we were going to try empathic talk but Lucas made that fly out of the window when he called her a coward."

Will just throws up his hands while Joyce just sighs. "So basically we are back to square one."

"Maybe not." Hopper says.

"Maybe not?"

"Nancy said she is looking into something." Hopper says.

"Did she say what?"

"No she said it was a shot in the dark, but last time she said that Max ended up being saved from the music so..." Hopper says. "...maybe she is onto something."

Will nods his head, he thinks about when he felt the mind Flayer, when he felt Vecna whenever he was in Mike's basement. He doesn't want to give off false hope and he doesn't want more stress put on Joyce so he just decides that he will go back to Mike's basement, he will go back to see if he is able to feel him again.

Suddenly the door to the hospital rooms open, Powell and Callahan come into the room along with Sue Charles and Claudia.

Sue looks around the room, anxiety written all over her face. "Where's my son? Where's my daughter?" Sue questions worriedly.