Chapter 14: The Rise Of Lucas Sinclair

Dustin slowly begins to open his eyes, going to try and stretch out his legs to cure the aching in them. He yawns, going to wipe his eyes and sit up.
He begins to panic when he doesn't see Erica and Lucas in the car, turning to his side to see Mike sleeping. "Shit shit shit." Dustin rants to himself, quickly going to open the door.

"Dustin? What's going on?" Mike questions, looking around while sitting up.

"Lucas?! Erica?!" Dustin yells, looking around through the dark woods. "No no no don't try and walk!" He directs at Mike when he sees him slowly begin to get out of the car. Dustin quickly runs up to Mike when he falls against the car when he tries to stand on his bad leg.

"Where are they?" Mike breaths.

"I don't know man..I don't..."

Dustin and Mike both shriek when Dustin feels a tap on his shoulder, him turning around and breathing a sigh of relief when he sees Erica. "There you are! Where were you?"

Erica has a look of pure worry and fear written on her face, her hand gripping the flashlight that he has in her hand. "It's Lucas."

"What do you mean it's Lucas?" Mike questions.
"Erica?" Dustin tone becomes more worried. "What does that mean?"

Erica looks between both of them, her breath heavy from all of the running she has done from around the woods. Her eyes glaze over with tears before saying her next words.

"He's gone."

~

"Lucas?! Lucas do you copy?! Lucas please..answer me man! Lucas do you-"

Lucas goes to turn off the radio, putting the lamp on the table, him in a abandoned building. He stands in front of the table, his arms crossed while he looks at the different photos he took.

Lucas had this plan all along to just do things from himself since him getting into fights at school. Most of the time was for his anger but Lucas purposely got into fights that way he could go to the station, the station lead to files and files lead to the Hawkins Lab and that lead to people who could have potentially been at the lab to know Henry. So whenever he did go to the station he would sneak into the file room to collect information, and everything he saw he took pictures of, and now he has to dissect who could have been there when Henry was.

So that is exactly what Lucas does, he sits down as he looks at each and every picture, him going to take notes while doing so, doing math on some things to see when certain doctors started to see if it fitted whenever Henry was there. Lucas eyes are filled with concentration, letting his anger be his motivation to try and find at least someone who can get him some answers. Maybe if someone was there whenever Henry was they know places that he could be, and that would lead Lucas right to him.

And Lucas can kill him.

Lucas puts down his pencil when he does the math for one specific doctor, he does the math to see that this specific doctor was indeed there when Henry was. He looks at the name. "Darrell Guardberry." He says to himself, going to write down the name. He looks at his specific pages in the file, seeing only a work address on his file, a work address of a store in Ohio. Lucas goes to write down the address before getting up, going to fold up the pictures and put them in his bag along with the paper and his radio.

Lucas makes his way out of the abandoned building, going to blend himself in by walking with the crowd in the city. He looks around, he has never seen a city before really, all he has gone is Hawkins only, he has never seen large buildings filled with light and so much traffic and cars. It is loud, but where comes loud comes distractions and Lucas needs that.