Chapter 10: Blood Ties

Nancy and Karen both ride in the car in silence, Nancy holding the steering wheel tightly while she looks she's dog her at the road. Karen still continues to look at the file, seeing her whole childhood being revealed to her.

Of course she has read the story of the Creel house and how Victor supposedly killed his family. It makes sense now, sense as to why she remembered bits and parts of her childhood. It is probably some memory she suppressed deep into her mind, that is why no one wanted her because they knew she was a Creel and they didn't want to be 'cursed'. That is why she always hears the workers talk about her in hushed whispers, that is why whenever she tries asking about her childhood to others they were so dodgy in the end.

She guess she can thank them for that, they were just trying to protect her and make her have a chance at finding parents and a home, that is why her name was changed. Karen of course was desperate for a home, for a normal life, so that is why she married Ted very young and wanted kids thereafter, she wanted to be normal, she wanted to have a family.
It seems like bits and pieces of memories come back to Karen, she remembers waking up in not a normal bed but a hospital bed, her arms and legs covered in casts. She could see how endless doctors came into the room to look at her file, hushed whispers occurring. She knows, she knows for certain either something was given to her or something was done to her to make her loose most of her memories, that way she could at least grow up to be a normal happy child.

Nancy has explained everything to Karen, who actually are killing these teens, why Dustin Erica Lucas and Mike are really wanted and how long this has been going on for. Truth be told Karen scolds herself, she scolds herself for letting herself be in the dark for so long and her children going through this alone.

Especially when the killer is her own brother.
Karen looks over at Nancy, she knows she is processing and trying to take this in just as much as she is. "I'm sorry Nancy...I...I had no idea..."

"Mom this isn't your fault, don't apologize." Nancy interrupts.

Karen just shakes her head, feeling tears well up in her eyes. "I mean...this whole thing is all orchestrated by my brother I didn't even know I had so...it kind of feels like it is my fault." Karen mentions, going to wipe the tears from her eyes. "Plus I never knew this, I should have known..."

"Mom don't do that." Nancy mentions while looking at her. "We didn't tell you because we wanted to protect you, we didn't want you to know."

"I should have known Nancy regardless, I'm still your mother."

"You couldn't have known mom, it's far fetched trust me no one believed us until they saw it for themselves. I didn't even believe it until I saw it for myself!" Nancy says while pointing at herself.

"Four years." Karen says while shaking her head, going to glance at Nancy. "Four years you all have been going through this?"

Nancy nods her head, looking ahead of her while she drives. "It was just a year ago that we found out that Vecna...Henry is the mastermind to it all. All of the demogorgons, the mindflayer, all of it he he controls."

"So if he's dead then that will take out the rest right?" Karen questions.

"Not only him..." Nancy says while glancing at Karen. "...all of it, the whole upside down needs to be destroyed. Before we just kept closing gates but they have always opened back up. This time...this time we need to kill Henry and we have to destroy the upside down."

"And I assume we do that with Eleven?" Karen questions.

Nancy nods her head, when Nancy said she was going to tell Karen everything she did tell Karen everything. She told Karen about El's power and how she closed the gate and how they all worked together to re close the gate to kill the mind Flayer. How Eleven has saved them countless amounts of times with her power and where she came from as well, right from the Hawkins lab. She told her how Mike hid Eleven in the basement all that time in grade school, just everything since 1983.