Chapter 10

Marvin

I grabbed some apple juice out of the fridge and gulped it down, not even bothering to use a cup.

"Hey Marvin! Stop that!" my mum yelled, grabbing the carton out of my arm, "Go" my mum ordered me, I sludged to the door, it was Monday and Ayesha still wasn't back from the hospital.

I could tell it was gonna be a shit day. I caught the bus to my school, I went on the upstairs bunk. There was a whole squad of boys that I had known, so I gave them all nods and sat at the back.

Girls were tryna get me to look at them by, pushing up their breasts and fluffing their hair about like I cared. I only had eyes for Ayesha. I kissed my teeth and looked away. When my stop came, I hopped off the bus and saw my cousin Chennai.

"Hey bro" she greeted me whilst she hugged me, "How's Ayesha?" she asked as we sat on one of the benches.

"I really don't know, I haven't really heard from her, but I know she's still in hospital. Do you know what happened to Mya and Jayla ?" I asked her.

"We was gonna fuck them up but, the feds still have them so...yeah" she said laughing, " Aww cheer up! She'll be fine" She said pinching my cheeks. I laughed.

"Girl please, ain't nobody upset" I lied doing the ratchet accent, really I was because, I liked it when Ayesha was here. She was like my best friend and my girl all in one. Even though she wasn't my girl, I knew she would be soon.

"Hey Marvin" I heard someone say, I looked up and it was Ayesha. I literally pounced on her and she fell to the floor.

"Ayo Marvin! Get the fuck off my bitch now! You're hurting her"yelled Chennai as she dragged me off of her.

Chennai was half Arabic, quarter Indian and quarter Sierra Leonean, she was from my mothers side. She also spoke Arabic .

"Alnzwl lava" (get off her) Chennai ordered me even though I was off Ayesha already, I dusted myself off and helped her up. She laughed and hugged Chennai.

"How are you Ayesha?" Chennai asked Ayesha.

They had a long conversation whilst, I was on my ig. Some next girl in my year called Frankie came walking up to me touching me up, I pushed her away but, she kept coming back.

Then out of now where Chennai sent one nasty blow to Frankies face, blood instantly poured out of her cheek. Ayesha tried to hold Chennai back but, she kept kicking her until Ayesha practically dragged her away from Frankie.

"Who told you to be touching up on Marvin. Fuck ugly sket, waqiha" (slut)Chennai yelled before spitting on her head. There was a big crowd and the deputy head teachers were escorting us back in the building, whilst the other teacher attended to a sobbing and bleeding Frankie.

"Chennai dayum!" yelled Ayesha as we walked to the head teachers office,.

"No you can't be touching 'pon my cousin are you dumb?" Chennai said getting angry again.

"Ayesha and Marvin wait outside, Chennai come with me please"one of the teachers demanded.