Chapter One: Two New Companions

The day was like any average day, thankfully it was still winter break before the new College semester starts. Two girls lived in a two-bedroom, one-bathroom, with a kitchen, and living room apartment. What was most out of the ordinary was the multitude of anime posters littered on the walls, decorating their small home.

You were casually lounging around the apartment, with the heater at 74F (23C), watching the classic anime Trinity Blood. The sound of the front door rattling caught your attention, the person outside seemingly struggling to get inside. Once the door was opened, it revealed your roommate, and best friend, Mika.

Mika has lovely red hair and shimmering grey eyes, but her pale skin is ruined by some zits. She is also on the thinner side, despite being a couch potato who lazes around all day. While you have (h/l) (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes and are on the chubby side which you hide by wearing large clothing.

"What's with the large box?" you asked as she eyed the box in Mika's gloved hands in confusion.

 "Well... I might have found two cats," Mika admitted sheepishly as she used her foot to close the door. Preventing any snow and cold air to enter the room, letting an airy sigh of relief as she felt the warm air.

You get up in surprise and got close as Mika places the box down. "Excuse me? You found two cats?" you asked earning a nod from her friend as she opened the box. Peering inside you spot two strange cats.

Strange how? For starters, they both have unnatural pink fur, with one of them having unusual black markings. Someone must have dyed these poor cats, which doesn't come out easily. You sighed in frustration, a bit angry that someone would do such a thing. Then dump them during the middle of winter.

One of the cats, with the strange markings, started hissing and yowling at the other cat. This caused the other cat to retaliate with soft hisses. "I don't think they like each other," you muttered, watching their behavior toward each other.

Mika huffed as she took off her gloves and snow jacket, no longer needing them. She then went over to a closet to grab two towels, one for each cat. She then tossed a towel toward you, silently telling you to clean one of the cats while she cleans the other.

You caught the towel and attempted to place it on one of the cats. Unfortunately, you picked the wrong cat to dry. "ME-YOW!" The cat, with black markings, yowled at you and scratched your arm. "Ow, damn cat!" you hissed in pain as you retreated away from the feisty cat.

"Here, let me try," Mika offered as she now attempted to dry off the cat. "Be careful with that one, he's being a little turd," you warned as you examined your injured arm. Said cat looked up at you, almost as if he understood what you said, and hissed.

Mika got extremely close to the cat's personal bubble which caused it to snap its attention to her. "Eep!" She squeaked as she quickly pulled away, just barely missing the cat's nasty sharp teeth. Meanwhile, the other cat took this opportunity to jump out of the box and towards one of the girls.

"Huh...?" you mumbled as you felt a weight press against your thigh, spotting the pink cat attempting to dry himself. "Awe, now see this? This one is an angel. That one there is Satan." You spoke while glaring at the "Satan" cat.