Chapter 8.5: Cat Birthdays

"Hey, Mika, how old do you think the cats are?" You asked her as you look at them. Yuji is lightly swatting at Sukuna's mouse toy only for Sukuna to hit him on the head. "I'm not sure... I'll be relatively the same age? Could be... 40 in human years" Mika wildly guess. Yuji gasped offendedly as Sukuna laughed.

Yuji wasn't 40! He was in his early twenties! "I think cats only live... 18 years?" Mika estimated as she stared down at the cats. "So, I believe that makes them close to 9 years in cat age" she finalized. Yuji huffed as he immediately went to you and sit on your lap. You scratch his head as Sukuna smirks at the twerp's little tantrum.

"We should give them a party," you suggest. "A birthday party." Mika hummed as she thought about the complications. "I don't see a problem with it, I think I can find some cake edible for cats," Mika said as she took out her phone. "Meow?" Yuji said as he perked up in confusion, he knew for a fact it was not close to his birthday, so what were they talking about?

"Sucks we don't know their actual birthdays," you muttered, scratching behind his ear. "You know maybe we could ask a vet to get an estimate." Sukuna hissed loudly at your suggestion, clearly not liking the idea. "Vets are expensive, I think we should just go with my estimate" Mika suggested, sweat dropping at Sukuna's reaction.

"Unless you think you want to go based on their names. Then, we have to wait for a few months. Actually... Now that I think about it, I don't think Sukuna, the character, has a birthday" she said as she stared up at the ceiling.

"Hm, I don't want to wait that long, so let's do it today!" You said, excited at the thought of throwing little Yuji a birthday party. "Plus we don't even know if these guys ever celebrated their birthdays."

"Alright, then, let's just go with my estimate, and plan their first 40-year-old birthday," Mika said while shrugging. Yuji pouted, as he loafed on your lap, he is not 40. Sukuna is dreading the fact that you want to throw a party, only because he knows you would make him wear some tacky party hat.

He was right, you DID make him wear a tacky party hat. Sukuna hated life as Yuji snickered at the poor curse wearing a party hat. "You look so stupid!!" Yuji cackled as he pointed a paw at the curse. Sukuna glares at Yuji and smacks him again. "Shut up or I will gut you right here!" Yuji backs away from the curse with a scowl. "As if! You're just mad you're wearing that hat, old man" he hissed.

"Says the one they are mistaken as a forty-year-old." You managed to find a cake that's cat friendly on short notice and place it in front of them. "Happy birthday my little old men!" You said happily. "I'm not old!!" Yuji meowed up at you unhappily. "I'm surprised you got that hat on him," Mika said as she eyed Sukuna worriedly. "Oh, I think he knew I was putting that hat on him regardless and gave up," you said, smirking at the cat. Sukuna hissed at you and grumbled.

"Well... I won't light candles, they might decide to play with them. So, let's just sing, then cut the cake" Mika said as if reading off a list. On cue, Yuji pounced face-first into the cake, splattering some on Sukuna. You blink in surprise as Sukuna looks like he's ready to kill someone. "Well, I guess cutting the cake is out."

"You messy little rodent!" Sukuna hissed, wiping the cake off of him. "Oh, don't be such a stick in the mud," Yuji said as he smacked a frosting-covered paw on Sukuna's back. "Alright, I think you should get the presents while I wash off Yuji and Sukuna," Mika said as she quickly grabbed the two cats. You nod and head to get the little cat presents.