Chapter Three: Pounce

You stared at your phone, aimlessly scrolling, which feels endless until you put your phone down and look at the ceiling. Nothing was happening today, no events, and school was a week and a half away. Mika was gone to the store so it was just you and the cats.

The cats were doing their own thing so you just lied in bed and scared at the ceiling. Many emotions and feelings were coursing through you, but you didn't express them. You just stared as the sunlight was leaving, leaving you in your dark room.

But you didn't mind, it just gives you a reason to lie there and find comfort in it. That familiar abyss you never tell people because some get it, yet most do not.

You stared for so long not feeling up to make yourself food, you just stayed in that spot for hours. Ah, but you need to feed Yuji and Sukuna. You drag yourself out of your bed to make sure they're fed. You couldn't even muster up a smile which made Sukuna raise his brow.

He noticed the fact that you're not even smiling when the Itadori brat is pawing at your leg, trying to get your attention. For once he actually wished he wasn't stuck with two idiots, and instead stuck with Mika.

It seems like your body is on autopilot, going through the motions, and even heading back to your room without a word. Sukuna eats the tuna as he noticed Itadori is not touching his meal. If you can even call it a meal.

"Oi, you're not going to eat?" Sukuna asked, raising his brow at the idiot. Yuji ignored him and followed after your retreating figure. Sukuna scoffed and rolled his eyes, not caring for either of these worms.

A single tear leaves your eyes as you stare at the ceiling, not noticing one of the cats entering your room. You wanted to cry, but the sobs get caught in your throat. Everything you bottle up is stuck inside you, not even finding the strength to cry alone. You can't even express yourself when you're alone now.

You pull a blanket over yourself and close your eye sighing. You stayed under the blanket, trying to find the energy to get through the day but fall asleep instead. Yuji paws at your face, attempting to wake you up. Your face scrunches up a bit as you wave the feeling off and you go still again.

In your dreams you did feel something touch your face, god you hope it wasn't a spider. Yuji continued to paw her, smacking her nose. She wakes up and notices Yuji right there in her face. "Yuji?" she asked, looking confused. "Meow," Yuji said, looking worried for her, as he placed his paw on her nose. You let his paw stay there on your nose as you are trying to register what is happening as your brain slowly wakes up.

You sit up, rub your eye, and look at Yuji. "Do you need something? Wait why am I asking you can't reply." You laugh at yourself a bit and pet his head. "Sukuna didn't hurt you did he? I will fight him."

Sukuna who happens to be walking around near your room hears this and hisses, urging you to do it. He'll claw your damn eyes out. He then proceeds to head to Mika's room, to bask in the lovely posters of himself.

You continue to pet Yuji, laying back down on the bed to stare at the ceiling. You wonder when Mika is coming back from getting groceries, who knows what Sukuna is doing. You noticed he's warming up to her little by little, but he seems to despise you.