Chapter 11.5: Hospital Trip

It's been three days and Mika still hasn't woken up from her coma. Your lunch food sat cold in front of you, not touching it as you lost your appetite. The television plays on repeat news of their attack. Apparently, the trail they took is prone to mugging because it's a popular trail. On the screen, it showed the muggers and the damage Mika had caused them.

One guy basically looked deformed, obviously used by a bat. While another was coughing up blood and holding their chest. The third was unconscious, his own knife slammed right into his eye. He is most likely dead, if he's lucky, he'll come out blind. Thankfully, since it was self-defense, Mika won't be charged with murder or attempted murder.

"Of course," you bitterly mumbled. "I did nothing to help..."

You should've fought harder to get you and her out of those damn woods. No, why did you even speak up about your idea to go to those woods? It was such a stupid idea, Sukuna was right. You're such an idiot to think you give good ideas, all you give is bad ones. Even Mika admitted your ideas are only good half of the time.

And these were not one of those times.

You flip through the channels to get away from the news of your attack, but it was everywhere. Reminding you of how much this was your fault. "Knock, knock?" Yuji called as he peeked through the hospital door. "Can I come in?" He asked with an innocent smile.

"Uh yeah sure," you said, trying to smile. 

"How have you been? Sorry I couldn't visit sooner, the nurses refused visits" Yuji apologized as he approached your bedside. "Oh just having a grand time...stuck in this bed," you said with a strained smile. It was hard to keep up a happy persona. "How have you been?" you asked him.

"Oh, you know, Sukuna and I are at each other's throats," he said, pulling up a chair to sit beside you. "Oh yeah? What are you two arguing about now?" He frowns as his hands rub together and he bites his inner cheek. "He is saying this whole thing was your fault, but I don't think so," he grumbles, angry.

"But it was," you muttered. Yuji shakes his head as he holds your hand. "It was not your fault!" he argues, gently gripping your hand. "You couldn't have known that you'd get mugged! Plus, it's those asshole's fault for hurting you both" he reasoned. You take a deep breath and look back at Mika, who is still sleeping.

"It was my idea to go, Sukuna was right, I am an idiot who does not come up with good ideas."

"That's not true! You had a good idea, just the outcome wasn't... Ideal," Yuji mumbled as he frowned at you. You remain quiet then hand him the remote. "Can you find something else but the news for me?" you mumbled, wanting to take your mind off of everything. "Or can we talk about something light-hearted?"

"Oh, right! Let's see..." Yuji mumbled to himself as he flipped through the channels. "Uhm... You know, Sukuna was impressed by the state the men are in" he said nervously, as he flipped through the channels.

"Not what I want to talk about," you grunted, turning away.