Chapter Eight: Run

Heavy.

There was a heavy weight on top of you and you couldn't move. You struggle to open your eyes and feel like you're not even in your own body. Oh shit, you know what this is. You've been in this state before.

This sleep and wake state, where you're "dreaming" and "awake" at the same time. 'Okay, just keep calm, relax, this will pass over,' you thought, trying to stay calm. There were three instances that this happened and because you freaked out it only worsened. Steady, deep breaths you tried to lull yourself back into a deep sleep.

Until you saw something move across your window.

Immediately your heart begins to race, pounding heavily in your chest making it ache in pain. 'Stop, stop it's only a dream, there's nothing there,' you scold yourself. You almost calm down, your heartbeat returning normally. Until you feel something move beside you in bed.

Again, you're starting to panic until you remember Yuji following you into your room last night, and falling asleep in your bed. You let out a shaky breath, trying to stop scaring yourself. 'It's just Yuji, your fluffy boi Yuji.'

You nearly screamed when you saw an arm wrap around you and hold you tightly.

Oh god, this is not a dream.

You couldn't keep calm anymore and start struggling and whimpering in the state you're in, but your body wouldn't cooperate with you. Tears form in the corner of your eyes as your mind starts playing tricks on you, shadow creatures appearing in the corner of your room, and windows, and now you see a man lying in your bed.

'Someone help me!' Your thoughts screamed as you cried silently, trying to move. "H-Help," you croak out, but no one hears you.

Instead, you screw your eyes shut, hoping this nightmare would be over. "Meow?" Yuji spoke, poking your face with a paw. You open your eyes again and see Yuji right there, making you quickly sit up.

God, what a terrible nightmare. Being helpless in your dreams is what you hate the most. "Hey bud," you said, petting his head. "Had the worst nightmare I had in a while." You get up from your bed and walk to where you had packed your suitcases.

You were going on a little vacation during spring break and unfortunately, you couldn't take Yuji and Sukuna with you. As most hotels don't accept pets. Mika's boyfriend, Daniel, is watching them.

"It's funny I had a nightmare that there was a man in my bed last night Yuji," you explain turning to him. "What's odd is I couldn't see his face, but it looked like he probably had pink hair. I don't know any guys with pink hair."

You missed the way Yuji's eyes widened.

A knock resounded at your door, interrupting your conversation. "Get up! We'll be late for our flight if you continue to sleep!" Mika yelled from the other side of your door. You quickly freshen up and get ready before Mika could drag you out by the ear.