Chapter Thirteen: First Date

Yuji hummed happily as he stirred the dough for the pie crust, ignoring the clamor of pots and pans as you shuffle through the kitchen. "Yuji I got the stuff, what else ya need?!" You said, excitedly bringing him the needed items. 

"Let's see... Where's the pie tin?" Yuji asked as he looked at all the ingredients.

"Pie tin," you repeat, looking through the cabinets. Once your search everywhere, you sheepishly turn to him. "I don't think we have a pie tin," you tell him. 

"Uhmm... Do we have any pan?" Yuji asked worriedly. 

"Oh, we have a cake pan!" You go through the cabinets again and pull out a rectangular cake pan. It was a large cake pan and he wasn't sure if it was an actual cake pan. Yuji didn't have the heart to correct you on needing something more of a...smaller size.

This pan could feed 8 people, but this could work with his and Sukuna's appetite. "We can try it?" Yuji suggested nervously. Your smile falters a bit when you hear the nervousness in his voice, almost like a kicked puppy. "Did I get the wrong size? Should I get something smaller?"

"No! No! It's fine! Really, we can make it work!" Yuji assured quickly. 

Your smile bounces back and nods. "Okay what next?" you asked, excitedly. "Well, I just made the crust, so next we need to make the roux," Yuji said knowingly. "Aye, aye captain making the rocks!" You said, going to the already laid out ingredients.

"It's called Roux" Yuji corrected with a small giggle as he walked up behind you. You pour too much flour in the roux causing him to look like he's having a heart attack. "Too much! Too much!! Quick! Get some of it out!" Yuji panicked as he quickly grabbed a scooper to get the extra flour out. "Sorry, sorry!" You quickly apologized. Well, at least he saved the sauce....for now.

"Now... We need the chicken and vegetables" Yuji said as he let out a stressed sigh. You saluted and grab the chicken and vegetables. You hold the ingredients in each of your hands, holding them out to him. "I have brought you your chicken and vegetables your Highness!" you playfully said to him, which he chuckles at.

"Thank you, my lady," Yuji said with a slight bow and took the ingredients from you. As you watch Yuji mix the chicken and vegetables into the heating-up sauce, you think about what happened with him and Daniel. "Hey, you and Sukuna really hate Daniel, huh?" You asked, curious. You're also concerned because you know this could blow up in the worst possible way.

"I don't particularly hate him, just... I really don't like how he treated you yesterday. It doesn't help that he tried killing me and Sukuna when we were cats" Yuji informed as he briefly took his eyes off the food to look at you. "....so Sukuna wasn't spouting bullshit?!" You shrieked in anger. Yuji quickly hushed you as you are flipping your shit.

"Yeah, it was a while back, Sukuna did a terrible job of telling you both earlier" Yuji reminded. You faintly remember Sukuna saying something about Daniel trying to hurt him, but you thought he was just being an ass. It's hard to trust an ass-bag. "But, what Sukuna said was true, Daniel isn't a good guy," Yuji said with a frown.