Chapter Ten: The New Norm

A/N: Accidentally missed publishing a chapter, so double update! It's the chapter 8.5

-

Okay, it definitely wasn't a dream.

You stare in shock as Yuji, in his "human" form, is asleep on the couch under a pile of paper towels, snoring. You have no idea what to do because it's been almost a year since a man was sleeping in your home.

He purrs deeply in his sleep as he is drooling.

Okay, gotta wake him up. You hesitantly reach out to him and lightly push his shoulder. "Meh... 5 more minutes..." He mumbled as he shifted away from you. You raise your brow and hum. "Well I guess I have to eat this bowl of rice with foodstuff on top of it," you said, out loud. "I want some!" Yuji exclaimed as he jolted up. He accidentally ripped the paper towels as he tried to fling them off like a blanket. But the poor paper was no match for his claws.

"Eh? Where's the food?" He asked as he glanced around innocently.

"Oh uh, I just said that to wake you up, sorry," you apologized to him. "Huh? Oh, it's fine! Are you hungry? I can make us breakfast" Yuji suggested casually. You nod slowly, watching him as he behaves like it's completely normal to cook in a stranger's house. Wait he's not a stranger he's....or was your fluffy boy?

"Alright, you can go wake up Mika," Yuji said as he got off the couch. The paper towels fall off of him and you both watch as the ripped paper falls onto the floor gracefully. He raises his finger and then points at the paper.

"Eh I'll buy you more of those," he said, feeling bad about wasting your paper. "Why didn't you just wake me up for a blanket?" you asked him, confused. He chuckles nervously as he scratches behind his ear. "Uh well, you were so sick and I didn't want to disturb you, sorry about that."

"You big goof tell me next time, I doubt those flimsy papers kept you warm," you muttered, as you bend down to pick up the shredded paper. "No, here I got it, I caused the mess, you go wake Mika up," he offers as he hastily gets down on one knee and picks up the paper.

You nod and left him to clean up the mess. "Wonder how she's taking it that Sukuna's in her room," you muttered, walking to her bedroom. Wait a minute was she even still alive?! You quickly run to her room, still feeling a little wonky as you head to Mika's room and knock on her door. Well more like banged on her door.

"Mika!? Mika are you alive in there!? Did Sukuna kill you?!" You yelled, banging on the door nonstop. When the door finally opened, you were greeted by a not-so-friendly face. "What the hell do you want?" Sukuna asked as he glared down at you. "I want to see my best friend that's what I want! Did you kill her?! I know you have murder tendencies!"

"No, now quit yelling, some of us are trying to sleep" Sukuna grumbled as he went to close the door on you. You didn't let that happen though as the fear of your friend in trouble or worse dead overwhelms you. So you kick the door open, surprising Sukuna. You did find Mika in her bed, but you didn't know if she was sleeping or dead.

"Mika, Mika, Mika!" You yelled, running to her. "Will you quit yelling?! Get out!" Sukuna demanded as he grabbed you by your shirt, lifting you up with ease. "Listen to me, this is my house okay!" You argued as he carries you out of her room. "I pay rent here you don't!"