Chapter Seventeen: Impending Doom

warning: gore

-

What the hell was Mika doing here alone? She bites her lip nervously as she clutches her phone tightly, finger ready above the record button. If Daniel was lying, she would get it on recording, but if he was telling the truth then that means you really did try to kill him. She stands in the odd location where Daniel gave her via text. It was still somewhere in the city, but the area was... Unnerving. But it was to get the truth.

It wasn't long before she heard the sound of a car approaching. As always, Daniel is quick to meet her on time, he practically caused a car crash by how quick he was to get there. As Daniel approached, arms open wide for a hug, she took a hesitant step back. Daniel noticed this and his arms dropped to his side. "What's wrong, my love?" He asked her, hurt in his words.

"We... We need to talk," Mika said a bit hesitant as she felt dread crawl up her skin. She needs to be brave, or else she'll never get the truth. "Of course, what about?" He asked, leaning against the wall, hugging his side. "About my best friend and your claims against her. I've known her far longer than I have known you, and I don't... I don't trust your claims," Mika said nervously. Daniel frowns at her words. "You don't...trust my claims?" He repeats her words slowly. "I'm the victim here, do you see what she did to me?" He said, a bit loudly as he motioned to his wounds.

"I definitely see them, but... Y/N isn't strong enough to cause such blows. How did she even overpower you?" Mika asked with furrowed brows. Daniel bites his lower lip, clearly getting agitated by being questioned. But he relaxes as he puts on his best act. "She just caught me by surprise, she may be a short, fat woman but she's quick on her feet," Daniel said, letting an insult slip from his tongue. It was the first time he insulted you in front of Mika.

"Don't call my friend that," Mika snapped angrily. Daniel grits his teeth together. "I don't understand, you were on my side!" He exclaims, losing his cool. "You heard the audio, she's untrustworthy! You were questioning her!"

"Because I was scared! I shouldn't have questioned her at all! She's been there for me when I needed her most. The thought of her doing this is unnerving. If she didn't, the thought of you being a possible murderer is even worse!" Mika exclaimed as tears gathered in her eyes. "I should be the one scared, she almost killed me!" Daniel snaps, now towering over Mika. His calm nature is completely gone and all she can feel is absolute madness and anger from him.

Mika started to get scared but she was stubborn and continued to push. "She did not! I don't believe she ever would! Tell me the truth, Daniel!" Mika demanded him. Daniel grabs her arm harshly with his good hand and pulls her close to him. "No! I did not do all of this just for you to leave me! You're going to leave me aren't you?!" His grip tightened on her arm, she was scared he was going to break her bone.

"Daniel! You're hurting me! Stop!" Mika demanded as she struggled to get out of his grip. "Dammit, she got to you," Daniel hissed angrily. "I was too late, she already warned you about me." Daniel's mind completely broke, everything he did is catching up to him and it's all starting to fall apart. "W- What are you talking about?" Mika asked as she started to tremble in fear.

Daniel leans close to her face, smirking in insanity. "Your "best friend" may be a complete dumbass, but even she could see something was off with me. She's right though, I love you so much Mika no one would tear us apart. But I knew she would, so I had to try to get rid of her." Mika let out a gasp, her eyes widening in horror. "Y-You- You're insane!" Mika exclaimed as she tried to shove him away, but his grip on her was ironclad.