Chapter Nine: Whiplash

Yuji is panicking as he grips the pink cat ears on his head. "Okay, okay this is either really good or really bad!" Yuji whispers, his tail swishing side to side anxiously.

"Worst-case scenario, they will kick you out," Sukuna hummed, looking at him. "Just help me try to get back to cat form!" Sukuna shakes his head no. "Are you insane, this could be our chance to get back home and you still want to play the role of a pet?"

"It's not that I want to play the role! How can I get home if I'm out there homeless, with no food and money!" The brat brought up a good point. "And don't forget I'm the only one who can turn human...er, somewhat human right now, so if I get kicked out you're stuck as a house cat forever!"

When the hell did he get so smart?

"Alright, listen, you don't have enough time, just take deep breaths and try to think of being a cat." Yuji does as he's told and the sudden bang on the front door made them both jump. 

"Oi! Mika told me Y/N doesn't have a boyfriend!" Daniel yells.

"Oh, shit, covers blown!" Yuji said, panicking.

"What a nuisance," Sukuna mutters. "You have to hurry up." Yuji picks up Sukuna and rushes down the hall and into your room once again. Okay, what got him to turn in the first place? All he knew is that if he didn't try anything, Daniel would've ruined their safe haven. He would have hurt everyone he cared for. The thought of him hurting the two kind women who took him in angered him.

It set off some emotion and the next thing he knows he turned human. All those emotions burst and now he's here.

'Cat... Think like a cat,' his mind repeats. He tried remembering walking on four legs, his hearing was sensitive. The belly rubs you would give him. His ears twitched subconsciously as he remembered being your fluffy boy.

You would shower him with affection without hesitation. Kissing his head, scratching that sweet spot behind his ear that never fails to produce a purr from him. Holding him in your sleep, even when you don't realize it.

Warm, you're so warm and loving.

His heart hurts when he knows you think nothing more of him than a pet...

"Oi, you did it."

Yuji opens his eyes and sees that he has in fact returned to cat form. Perhaps being sad makes him revert back to being a cat? The two jump up when they hear multiple voices and suddenly the door opens.

There was an officer doing a sweep, investigating the home searching for this intruder. Sukuna and Yuji quickly hide under your bed. The officer yelled, "Clear!" and immediately both of them heard rushed footsteps.

"Sukuna!?" Mika's voice calls out.

"Yuji?!"