Funeral (Finale)

After saving everyone, they went back to the clan. Neteyam went with Neytiri because every second Neteyam looked like he was gonna fall off his ilu.

Jake had Ma'yans body with him, when they finally got there everyone celebrated happy that they were back. Tsw'ue ran up to them, happily, he was searching for ma'yan and he saw him he thought he was sleeping "Ma'yan buddy wake up" he shook him but Jake took his hand and put it on his chest.

Tsw'ue face dropped when he felt no heartbeat, that's when he noticed the wounds a fact the whole clan noticed when they went closer to the family.

Ronal and Tonowari stepped in front of the clan "Oo eywa ä ngeya 'eveng has returned to you" Ronal touched the chest of Ma'yan, "We must place a funeral tonight!" Tonowari spoke to his people, everyone ran off to get ready. Jake took the body to the tent. The Sullys plus spider and tsw'ue gathered around him.

Lo'ak couldn't take his eyes off him, still not believing his best friend is dead. Neteyam's eyes were like a whole ocean by now. Tuk lay down on Ma'yans chest crying. Kiri didn't even know what to say just held on to spider for comfort.

Neytiri took Ma'yans hair and put it in a ponytail, removing his headpiece she gave it to Her eldest son. He hesitated at first but then took and put it on his head.

Neytiri then added white paint on him. Her heart ached deeply.

When she was finally done preparing Ma'yan she couldn't handle it anymore stepping out of the tent Jake followed behind her.

So it was just the children left, "Who knew today would be his final day.." Tsw'ue spoke, "He's an idiot a stupid one.." Kiri also spoke, "yeah but he's my idiot" Neteyam caressed his lover's cheek "I'm sorry about what happened a month ago Neteyam" "it's all fine now, I **forgive** you"

"He should've stayed back" Lo'ak held Ma'yans hand "it should've been me, I'm the cause of all this" "No Lo'ak don't say that," Tuk told her older brother "I don't want to lose anyone else okay..?"

Everyone then sat in silence but was yet again interrupted by Neteyams sobs, Tsw'ue went over to him to comfort him holding him tight.

After a few hours, it was time for the funeral, Neytiri was getting ready to sing Ma'yans mother's song she made for her son to complete his last song cord.

As everyone got into position, Neytiri started singing.

(It's sung in Na'vi but since I'm not a pro at it here's an English version)

( Welcome, my sweet childd you brought happiness to meee, Oo Ma'yan, Oo Ma'yan.. my lovee~

(The son of a mighty warrior, the son of a leader, oo ma'yan oo ma'yan~

(I promise to protect you forever my sweet child, I'll help and guide you in many ways

(I can't wait to see you grow into a beautiful young man, my baby

( Ma'yan te Ma'ski Huety'itan, my forever love~)

When Neytiri was done singing her best friend's song she was already in tears, Neteyam kissed Ma'yans cheek for the last time, and he and his mother then went to bury Ma'yan.

It was hard to watch, Neteyam couldn't believe his eyes, everyone couldn't. He was in denial even if the proof was in front of him he didn't want to accept it they swam back to the surface of the water. Neytiri held out her arms to her mourning son. He quickly swam to her hugging her while crying.

After the funeral, Neytiri and Neteyam then traveled to the tree of spirits.

When they arrived, Neteyam immediately went to root and connected his braid with it.

When he was connected he was in the lab, the lab where he first gained feelings for his lover. He looked around he saw him. 14-year-old Ma'yan sitting down looking at a book, when Ma'yan turned around he smiled "Look Neteyam! Did you know that the sky people's planet used to have an animal species called Dinosaurs?" Neteyam smiled deeply and even more, tears came out as ran over and hugged the boy.

When he pulled away it was the 16-year-old Ma'yan "Are you okay? You look sad is something wrong" "No..no nothing at all just tired from a very long day" he looked down "You can lay on my shoulder" he pulled Neteyam closer to him. Neteyam rested his head on Ma'yan shoulder as Ma'yan read him the book.

Outside the realm, Neteyam started smiling dearly.

|| And there you go readers, not every story has a happy ending see you in my next book ||

Xoxo-NeteyamsHusband