Chapter 16 " A simple Note to escape"

~ o ~

If I would like to be honest to a point, acknowledging how I feel about those scenes. Witnessing my boss on her sister's lap, my inner demons wanted to pull her hair and grabbed away from her. A deep sense of realization of my state of mind hits me, my feelings reacting the other way, and suddenly I realize Olivine. She needs affection, and mostly she needs attention, support, and a person who understands what she's been through. I felt a deep sense of loss and grief, but despite what she was going through, I felt uncomfortable.

The only thing that I divert my mind and hold myself to is the expanse of the idea. I'm aware; I'm too selfish on that part of me. I think I should start to disregard that act, where to place myself, and put her first; she needs care and a support system. Olivine is my boss's sister's only family member that she has left from what I heard aside from her cousins.

I am here looking at them, dreaming of giving my little time for myself to her. The care and the affection any partner could give. I don't only see the sadness in her eyes, but also the longing. The emptiness of those cold, gray, icy eyes of hers. Right from the very start, the instant I saw her, my motherly instinct could never go wrong, and it was right.

The idea of snatching my boss away from her is not helping; it's selfish, and I am selfish, I admit. I allow Aiden to follow me here, staying in the room that wasn't ours. Resulting in Olivine booking another room, thinking of me disrespecting my feelings as a woman. Now I started to feel guilty about the idea of it, but why...

* * *

My boss, Ofelia, gave an opening speech for the event that included cutting the ribbon for opening a minimini art gallery in the place it was held at the same venue. I can't deny the fact the press loves her; she's a charming, warm, elegant lady, charismatic, and most of all, a philanthropist, the face of the Fergusons Foundations, who supports all the charities and specifically those children who need the most.

Olivine is beside her, a gentlewoman; she is holding her sister's arms, assisting her way. Offering her arms to hold with, escorting her sister. She is her date if no one knows they were sisters; people presume they're a sweet couple. They both looked so perfect, to be honest—those Ferguson genes, as people always say, but Olivine's sadness cannot hide.

I noticed Ofelia kept gently tapping her back to keep dragging her attention on every moment. Those people they met and shook hands with. She keeps dragging Olivine to stay in the present moment. I wonder if she seeks a therapist, and everyone knows she is still grieving, and I am so insensitive on that part. Knowing Aiden and the kids are my priority, except the title about being a married woman starts to burden me.

Then a glimpse of what happened when he arrived visited again. As I am standing here along with the guard's huge guards specifically. I can almost hide through them. But I stood there waiting for the ceremony to be finished, and the queues needed to leave. As I stood there, I remember Aiden trying to touch me last night, and I refused again. I said I am not in the mood and I am working. We had a little argument, but I ended up being a wife to him. The worst part is I didn't feel I was her wife, otherwise giving myself for the sake of that piece of paper that doesn't make sense anymore.

* * *

world, finding the mini museum in partnership with the Gallery of Place is quite a bit elegant. As I read the papernight, night, night, I started thinking, This is their world, the Fergusons. This is how they lived in the eyes of the people. people.   But few don't know who the real Fergusons are behind closed doors. They are sad people, empty, like puppets that someone's pulling strings attached to them. A quite lonely people, to be honest, yet they still help the world a better place as far as they could. I wondered where their parents were. I only see Ferguson's cousins and these women and their personalities who are their embodiment.