Chapter 27 "missing you"

A quiet morning at the Collectors Gallery, people are doing their daily routines. Includes the other establishment nearby, preparing for store opening at eight. Octavia arrives early; fewer crowds in the area notice the newly designed frontal view on the gallery; it came minimal with luxurious impressions in it. Widened parking area for the customers. Octavia went outside her car and lit a tiny cigar. Standing there, she saw the coffee shop. She smirked, exhaling the smoke. A few puffs later, she placed the cigar on a stainless bin at the corner. 

"Good morning, Miss Octavia." Franklin opened the door for her and greeted her; the tiny bell on the door makes a cute sound as it opens. Octavia noticed the aroma inside the Collectors Gallery, like a comforting warmth hug. The atmosphere instantly welcomes her as soon as she steps in. 
"Ofelia is around?" She asked, smiling, sliding one hand on her trousers pocket, and presenting her key chain up in front of him.

"Yes, miss," he said, pleasantly holding the car keys. 

"Thanks Franklin." Octavia nodded and went through. She passed by Katarina's desk, who was already stunned and speechless looking at her. Octavia went directly to the long hallways, taking a closer look at the paintings nearby. This time she slid her hands into her trousers pocket. 

As she stood there, there was such a handsome woman in her suit and gorgeously stunning. Katarina came more hesitant to approach her. She didn't want to be rude, interrupting on that perfect view of her. Mesmerizing Katarina's world kept spinning upside down every time she met one of the Ferguson women. They all have different unique personalities, but their coldness and emptiness have never changed; it's always been the silver lining. 

That has markings on their soul once you started knowing them; in a snap they all become orphans, and that part Katarina always recognizes them despite all the looks, the posture, the glamour, fancy dresses, or even their casual office suit attire. Watching them could never be so wrong; Katarina's eyes never get tired of it despite the empty cold and sometimes wearing very striking stoic faces.

"Hi, good morning. May I help you?" Katarina asked politely at the same time, really stunned by her. Octavia is very handsome; she's very gorgeous, taller than Olivine. 

"Is Olivine around?" She asked, looking and waiting for Katarina's response.

"Uh.. no, I haven't seen her for more than two weeks now," Katarina said in a sad voice, looking away. 

"Anyway, is Ofelia around?Octavia asked again, smiling at Katarina, noticing she kept herself stunned while at the same time maintaining her engagement.

"Yes, I can take you to her office," she immediately offered.

"Sure, thank you," Octavia nodded. 

"Follow me," Katarina ushered Octavia to her Lady Boss office, walking to the hallways and taking a turn to the left side. Katarina stopped, looking at Octavia, who stopped walking, looking at the painting mesmerized. Katarina waited in the hallways, taking the time. 

Octavia starts walking, Katarina leading the way and following her. An antique wooden door greets them; she gently knocks and twists the handle made of brass gold. 
They saw Ofelia standing in front of a fully wrapped in a black cloth painting. Like she meticulously looked on its edges at the painting placed hanging on the wall. Being placed and hasn't opened yet; recently, Katarina bought at the Rebecca's Shop. It's the only thing that can be seen aside from the small desk in the entire room. 

"Ofelia..." Octavia called her; she seemed lost, thinking standing in there.

"Oh, your here," Ofelia caught by surprised Octavia quickly walked towards and hugged her. Katarina saw, they seemed like they were lovers if they're not cousins, the ways of interaction between them. She quickly disappeared herself from the scene. 

Hearts raising, while her cheeks burning. Working at the Ferguson's made her whole world upside down. Seeing women being very affectionate to each other, almost kissing on their lips even if they were cousins. A loving kind of way as they were, Katarina's world is not much of exposure in the outside world. That her soon-to-be ex-husband created for her. The only place she knew was only home and church, just like a box. Where all people are meeting casually. 

Seeing Octavia hold Ofelia's back, hugging and pressing next to her body, made her more miss Olivine. 

* * * 

"How are you these days?" Octavia asked her Ofelia, listening, her hand still on her arms; she hasn't released it.

"I am good," Ofelia said, coming more vulnerable in her arms. 

"Your sister Olivine, how is she?" she was almost whispering. 

"Don't ask her if you only tease her," Ofelia warned. 

"No, I don't," Octavia smiled, rubbing her cheeks gently on her thumb. 

"Leave my sister alone," Ofelia smiled at her.
"Okay, as you wished," she replied lovingly and hugged her again, kissing her head. 

"Since you asked my sister how about your sister Ozarah... is she good? I haven't spoken to her," Ofelia said.

"I'll meet her by the weekend," she replied.

"Send my regards to her then," Ofelia smiled, tapping her shoulder. 

"Please do find a girlfriend, Octavia," Ofelia requested as she released herself away from her. 

"Can I be your lover?" She asked charmingly. 

"Oh god... Octavia stopped. Every cousin knew you were a charmer, so please stop. I may have forgotten we shared blood." Ofelia rolled her eyes, irritated. 

"I weakened your knees, eh? You got gripped back there," Octavia continued to tease, smiling at her. 

Ofelia went to her chair this time, rolling her eyes. Octavia followed her. 

"I miss my cousins Ofelia," she said in a loving way, following her. 

"I miss them too, Octavia. I said to all of them if they need someone they can call me. Most of them were young and had no other siblings. I offered myself to be that big sister for them, Octavia," Ofelia said, extending her warmth and loving nature in close doors individually.

Showing vulnerability behind closed doors is what they are good at. Fierce and tough in the outside world around them. Creating persona that people wouldn't think twice to mess with them. As if they carry the signature of cold and empty. 

Octavia pulled Ofelia on her chair and hugged again. 

"Thanks for inviting me today, Ofey. Let's have breakfast," she said.

"Okay, let's go to the cafe across the streets," she replied.