Chapter 7 "Ice Cream Truck"

~ ö ~

I wanted to say something about her late wife, but I feel it would be better not to ruin it. With such a gentle manner she gave, wearing a calm demeanor except the sadness lingers on her eyes. I sometimes caught her, staring in blank space, lost in her thoughts. She loves her that much but was taken away too soon...

"I am sorry if I make you uncomfortable," she said, apologizing. I nodded lightly to ease the tension.

Which is deep down I almost explode, but I held myself not to be obvious; the heart keeps skipping its beat, and I hate it.

"I'm truly sorry, Olivine," I said, wrapping my arms around her and hugging her, leaning my face on her left arm to comfort her. I was about to step away from her and release myself away from her. She gently placed her hand on my back, telling me not to.

I felt her gently pull me closer towards her. I found myself hugging her between my arms. I knew from that moment she lowered her guards, and she is a soft one despite the persona of emotionlessness portrayed outside like her sister; I guess it is their ways as Ferguson's. I thoroughly understand the reputation she needs to carry. Furthermore, I felt she lowered her head down and rested on my shoulders. I know she's healing; my inner self tells me I am a mother. I knew right away if something was going on. My kids are like that, but with her, it's different. She's not broken, but she's hurt by circumstances.

"Did I make you uncomfortable again, Katarina...?" She whispered in my ear. I felt the warmth of her breath, which gives me an incredible feeling I know I will lose by it if she continues.

"No, not at all; a good hug is good," I whispered, resting her head on my shoulder with closed eyes since she started hugging closer. Seeing the glass near us reflecting, I can see her eyes were closed, I noticed.

"You can hug as long as you need Olivine," I said, the thought at least to ease her pain.

"Do you know closing our eyes when we hugged someone felt so pure and genuine?" she said.

She said her gaze finds me, and this time strikes deeper in my soul again. I felt her hand gently dragging my hips closer towards her. Now I'm lost.

"Olivine! I'm here, sis! Where are you? Your food is in the office; special delivery for you, sis...!"—ah, uh, okay, there you are," she said in her loud voice, halted in the storage room.

Recognizing my boss, I pulled away from her sister, seeing Ofelia at the front door. Her sister arrives calling on her; she paused and stood the door half-open, but she pushed it wider. I know it's my queue for me to go. I paused and looked at Olivine.

"Josh told me you're here, but did I disturb or something?" She asked, deluding she didn't see any, as she always does.

She kissed her sister's lips, holding her face and tucking her arms across her chest. Olivine kept her silence again, and she put on that façade persona. Peering blankly at the painting, only taking a glimpse of her sister's sight. Knowing she's fine, I leave...

* * *

"Katarina, is there any problem?"

"No, Aiden, I am fine," said giving the kids ice cream each at the park. Were they spending time with the ice cream truck parked distantly with the melodic song in the background?

"Is something troubling you? Felt tired or something?"

"I'm okay, Aiden, no worries," avoiding his gaze.

"How's work with your lady boss?" wearing a flashy face.

"Aiden, stop; I prefer not to talk about it; let's enjoy this time with the kids."