Chapter 8 " Maddison "

~ ö ~

"I saw that Olive..." She is confronted while sitting in the staircases on the front porch of the house. Saw what, who? And no kiss, that's new," she smirked, poking fun at her.

"Stop it; what was it the other day at the storage room?" she reminded her. "I didn't do anything, Ofey," being defensive.

"Yes, I know," she flickered, rolling her eyes.That woman has a thing on you; did you even think of that? Or even access that? "

"She's married for heavens and the grave of my wife sake, Ofelia. Do you even think I am not conscious of that?" she said, her side. "And then what?" disgruntled response from.

"What do you mean, then what?" she replied.Heaven where the so-called good people belong and the grave for those bodies whose resting."

"I still don't get it," she said in confusion.Wake up, Olive, we're still living; we don't live in the past, any sense?"

"I'm not a home destroyer, Ofelia." She gave a withdrawn expression on her face as she always does. What's the fuss, Ofey? "

"I know something happened between you two in that storage room in the gallery; don't hide it," she still ranted, insisting.

"Okay fine, you want to know? Okay then, she hugged me first. I didn't do anything; I stood and stood still. I only want to check the newly arrived paintings; she follows me there. So, I end up letting her see the paintings and tell me which part is wrong."

"Of course nothing wrong except for the part; she will follow you because it's her job," she clarified.

"Of course I get it, except for the part where she hugged me, expressing her condolence," she said. Olivine! "

"What, don't yell at me, Jesus! You make me nervous. I'm not even deaf; you can talk to me like a decent human being, Ofelia," she said, rubbing her chest to calm herself.

"This woman had a thing on you! You're not deaf, but too blinded by your wife's death."

"Hey, don't talk to her like that. She's your best friend, or should I remind you that, Ofelia? Madison is your best friend, and it happens to be my wife whom I married to, and she's dead."

"You don't need to slap that in my face, Olivine. I know I grieve on my own too. You don't have to remind me of that." She lowered the tone of the voice.

"Good because we both lost our parents. Know your best friend and my wife, two important people taken away from us."

"We lost special people in our hearts; of course, I am aware of that. Happiness and joy, those bastards we both can't afford even if we sum up the fortune we inherit." Olivine clicked her tongue, stretching her legs.

"As an eluded butterfly, come here," Ofelia sat beside her, hugging.

"I'm so sorry, Olive; all I wanted was for you to be happy, that's all," she said, placing her head on her shoulders.

"I'm not your burden anymore, Ofey," he said, still wearing a bored expression towards her.
"Yes, you were not, but you're my fucking sister, and I do fucking care; always remember that. And that thing between you and Katarina? Go for it; you have my blessing," she said, hugging her still.

"What?" she looked in shock.Look, you are mourning, and she's all over the place," she said determinedly.

"And...? "

"You didn't do any, but this woman tosses herself to you; wake up, you idiot," she said, patting her head like a kid.Thanks for the thought, Ofey, I won't cross those lines."

"Yes, you're not, but she did."

"I am a woman, Olive. I knew someone was in pain, especially she's a mother. Those instincts you can't help with them not to notice it always bothers them. I'm not a mother, but I see her watching her okay, and I also seek a therapist, as you know, handling my depression for losing a significant person around me. I said I know how to mourn on my own, little sis. All I want is to see you happy; at least that part I can be too."

* * *

Aiden attempted to touch me last night, but I didn't let him. It's been many months since he didn't. My admiration for him faded; he is always on his phone late at night going home. I periodically sleep waiting on him; this is why I decided to have a job. I can't live with him like this; his absence makes me insane. He also made a few days of travel with her Lady Boss; I didn't mind; he provided the kids well, which they needed the most.

But every hug and a simple kiss left and arrived. It makes no more sense. I think I need to start concluding my observation; he is cheating on me again with those patterns and habits. I admitted I caught him not once but many times, but I let it pass. I ignored many red flags for him. I served as glue in this family to put it together even if it's broken.

He understood why I didn't allow him to touch me because there's a reason not to. But early this morning he forced me, and I succeeded. I just close my eyes, imagining her. The very least giving justice to myself despite what he had done. The kids think that we're a happy family, like every neighbor sees us. But deep inside were not, and it will always be blamed on the woman if something happens.

He came on, felt I was being used by him, that emptiness after gazing at the dawn set in the sky. While lying there beside him, what pisses me more is that I am some sort of that woman he cheated on me. Using protection after he satisfies himself, comes flat and sleeps on the other side of the bed, it hurts me more than between my legs forced. I am his wife; he is treating me like crap but hid it in silence for the family.

I can't blame myself for why I am so drawn to her; she knows how to treat women right. I remember Aiden keeps asking to look at him while satisfying himself, but I didn't; instead, he pinned my hands in bed to look at him, but I can't; I have reasons not to.

A/N :

Celebrating a little' milestone with you here—nearly reaching 200+ reads! In more than a month! Errors may bump ahead; my apologies.

Please enjoy reading.

thank you! xx