Chapter 29 "shackles of a man"

trigger warning : emotional abused

A week passed, and everyone is quite about what happened. No one attempts to gossip about them, not even Josh, who came backing them down. Ofelia hasn't been seen at the Collectors Gallery. Katarina received only emails from her and text messages on other times of the day. 

It's five in the morning, slowly getting up Katarina's body, too tired to leave from the bed, too early morning. Seeing the morning mist on the glass outside the window. Covering the entire surface, staring for the moment, gaining her full consciousness. 
Avoiding her skin, not to look at it or even stare at it, seeing all the bruises meeting old and fresh ones. She had with Aiden last week, leading her to move out of the house, taking Katarina's gut; might she even not come out alive on his hands? It's his house, his rules, and she's only his wife, a mother of his kids. 

It's been a while; she kept refusing to be a wife not to have a s*x on him. Because she knows she had multiple affairs on his trips. Last week, he took his anger by raising his hand again on her. Aware he is having an affair with another woman. 

Katarina chose to be blind and not pay attention to it; it became a mantra, and worst of all, it was almost an affirmation of her marriage. Until last week, Katarina decided that it would be the last and needed to stop everything he had done behind closed doors and in the middle of the night where the children sleep. Even neighbors have no one to call for help. 

* * * 

"Katarina," Felicia called her attention, closing the door behind.

"Yes, mom," she said, looking back at her. 

"It's okay, you can go to work and put those clothes on as well as those make-ups," said her mother. 

"You have no idea, Katarina, how elegant you are," she said, taking her hand filled with joy on her face. 

"I'll take care with the kids; they were my grandchildren. I loved them so much, and today I can send them to school and pick them after," she said, helping her despite what she's facing at the moment.

"Thank you so much, mom." Katarina, hugging her mother, starts sobbing on her shoulder. 

"It's okay, honey. It's okay." Her mother comforted her, rubbing gently her back.

"The important thing is that you're here in this house, alive and well, including the kids," Felicia said, cupping her face and wiping her tears.

"God, those beautiful faces of yours don't deserve him," Felicia showed angst at him. 

"Marrying church people should stop; I hope everyone must see that," she added, shaking her head in disappointment.

"I already filed for divorce, mom. I can't live like a punching bag whenever he wants to." Katarina burst again into tears in the arms of her mother. 

"Okay, it's okay... cheer up, put those miseries behind, and start the day with a fresh start. It's been a long time I've been waiting this day that you yourself decided to leave that man," Felicia told her, being proud. 

"By the way you mentioned filling a divorce," she said in frustration. Started being curious, asking for details about it, while at the same time still worrying for her daughter.