Chapter 21 "Swallowed thy Bullet"

If you asked me, I don't want to leave the comfort feeling on Katarina's chest. I felt peace; she took all my fear, my worries, and my doubts. I became so peaceful I almost forgot what it feels like for a very long time.

Listening to her heartbeat makes me not afraid to sleep. As I describe it, she holds the key to open another portal to a dimension where I can feel warm and safe. My soul was filled with the emptiness of that void. I carry for months since I lost my wife. I still miss her; I still do, but it's different this time. Her absence convinced me she would never come back. Now that some random employee was filling those voids, she left.

* * *

I would dare to admit meeting Katarina creates an impression of annoyance in the air on my part. But it's odd to say deep within. All I wanted was to keep staring at her. She is beautiful the way she is; I can't deny the fact of those eyes and those lips of hers. The way she stared at me, I can't ignore that. I will honor how I felt; despite Ferguson's, they always say a depiction of cold and empty. I guess it's true I am not lost, but I always felt empty and wandering; I am not in myself nor even knew myself, not until Katarina showed me how to honor my own feelings and be valid as a person.

There are questions in my mind that keep repeating up to these days: why am I drawn to her, despite I am still grieving...? I kept searching for answers till I felt warm from her, and it stopped bothering me. I wanted to hug her, but I can't; her husband is next to that tiny, guarded door. Luckily, she shut the door before she offered her shoulders to lean on. With her soft hands, I could hold her all day and place them on my cheeks while silently looking into Katarina's eyes and never getting bored. I could sit next to her all day, enjoying her presence; it heals me.

I felt her hold my hand, and she caress it; she saw my ring, and I saw her ring too. I pretend to sleep just to feel her warm skin next to me. One thing that shocks me more is that when Katarina removed her ring, the next thing I felt was her lips kissing gently on my hands. I saw my hands had still dry blood on them afterward she placed back her ring. I desired to kiss your chest back for you, but I couldn't. I collected all the mixed signals from you, Katarina. I would be pleased if you addressed all of those by not holding back.

* * *

"My patience is like watching a mushroom grow, Mr. Alberici! But this!?" Ofelia smashes the bullet heavily on Mr. Alberici's desk, which causes a crack in his table glass in its center. The old man was shocked looking at his glass desk that a single snap will fall into tiny pieces.

"I'm so sorry, Miss Ofelia, I sent a note!" he pleaded, hands clasped in front of her.

"You sent a note, but you forgot to brief your bullets not to include my sister's head!" she shouted, looking at him with Ofelia's hand. She had blood after she smashed the bullet on his glass desk.

"Miss Ofelia, your hurt, let me please," he offered to even look in fear.

"What about those people who are injured!? and one of the staff of the even who is critical and others who get by stomp get bruised. Ofelia mentioned the casualties on the scene fiercely.

"Peace, madame. Please don't revoke your support."

"What have you done, Mr. Alberici!? Next time do it clean, not like this!" Ofelia came more furious in front of him, almost as if the glass fell as she shouted. Her voice reverberates through the entire room.

"Don't be stupid! Be a man with balls!"

"Do you know how valuable life is? That bullet can't choose!" screamed at him, stunned.

"And my sister! hit with stray bullet! We didn't know until she bled!" Ofelia explained.

"Please, madame...please," he stuttered.

"This is way too personal! Those innocent people are involved. What about them!?" she said, waving her hand, and it stopped bleeding.

"Please, I'll make this up; I'll pay for those who are injured on the scene, he said.

"If you want to kill someone, hire a sniper! Not those sprinkling bullets like a fairy's pixie dust throwing at them! Damn it! Not like a kid throwing tantrums and going rouge killing spree!"

"How's your sister, Madame? I wanted to know," he quickly shows his concerns, diverting a furious Ofelia Ferguson, but he fails.

"She's recovering that bullet that is on her shoulder, because she's trying to protect me! idiot!" she pointed in front of them.

"Guards!"" Ofelia raised her voice. Two huge men appeared entering his office.

"Wait, Miss Ferguson! What you're doing!? Wait!""

"Hold him," she calmly said, picking up the bullet on his cracked table glass, saying that any moment will fall followed by the second arrival of the men. Eventually it shattered before they stood. He accidentally kicked the remaining part when the two huge men picked him up and held him still.

"Open your mouth, Mr. Alberici; itll be quick."

"Madame, please...!"

"I want you to swallow it like a goddamn pill." She held the bullet on the tip of her fingers really to drop his mouth.

"Now, I won't repeat myself," Ofelia calmly said.

"What's the catch, madame? I know Ferguson's known for their little tricks and games," he hisses.

"You ask me to not revoke the support of the research and the foundation, then swallow the bullet that you almost put in my sister's head. You almost killed a young Ferguson, Mr. Alberici. You have no idea what you have done."

"Please, Madame."

"Now," Ofelia poured a glass of Rhum for him to drink. Watching him swallow the bullet, a smirk appeared on Ofelia's lips as simply as that.

"This is not a prescription, Mr. Alberici." Ofelia pulled a pad from her shoulder bag.

"This is for the operation taking that bullet out of your stomach, courtesy of the Ferguson Foundation cutting that big belly of yours," Ofelia mocked the man who didn't move, traumatized by the bullet he swallowed.

"Have a nice day, Mr. Alberici, until next time." Ofelia immediately left his office; one of her guards ran towards the door, and the other was behind them. Walking as if nothing happens.

"I will be savage, leader of bullies, and worst of all, I'll become your demon if anyone touches my sister or any Fergusons not on my watch, Mr. Alberici," Ofelia murmured, putting her sunglasses on, her way out down to the hallway.

A/N:

Hi there! For more exclusive updates on the book, you can check out my Patreon! and become a member. I'm glad to have you there!
Links on my wall; see you! xx

Much love,

— tws