Chapter 5 "Drawn to her"

~ ~

Walking down the aisle with Aiden, he cultivated me to become stable in life. It's his words that keep me thinking on a favorable path in life. I know he controls me sometimes, but it's the only way to continue the journey with him to become his wife. But he didn't make me feel this way, or I never thought that I would feel like this, to feel being mesmerized by someone.

I never experienced this desire for anyone, especially a woman.

This kind of unique excitement deep down every time I came to Collector's Gallery never felt the same, not until now. When I met the younger sister of my boss, her name is Olivine. I didn't feel this way before Aiden and I started.

Anxious and excited in my gut every time I see her. Every time I take her coat, I can't avoid not gasping her scent. So feminine, it entices me to hold her hand or even kiss her on the cheeks. She had cute dimples one time seeing munching this doughnut, tempted to wipe those smears on her glossy, moist lips like a baby, but never saw her smiling, not even once.

Acknowledge the other staff by their name and a simple tilt of the head. All I thought was in my head—maybe it's a long time since I didn't work because being a wife and having kids is a twenty-four-seven career. Then I started seeing people in the collector's gallery. It's very lucky to be employed in the Ferguson's; they cared for their people aside from high-paying jobs.

They have tons of charities being supported, especially kids. Ofelia Ferguson embodied the elder sister who hires me. Then I met her younger sister, Olivine Ferguson, and I felt vilely embarrassed about how I behaved towards her for the very first time. I knew something strange when I saw her. I didn't pay any attention to the moment; all I knew was she was one of the collectors who visited the gallery checking new displays, both antiques, paintings, and jewelry. Looking at her formal outfits with a black trench coat and umbrella in her hand.

I can't comprehend myself; the police told me who she was, but why she didn't introduce herself in the first place. My colleague didn't say a word either. This some sort of joke? Are they setting me up?

Now, I don't know what to do when Olivine is around. Of all the people, she gave me these mixed signals and emotions. I can't contain myself sometimes; I even feel my cheek burning when she's around. Her sister Ofelia is more intimidating, contradicting her sister Olivine. I can see that her sister is protecting her. Well, I guess Olivine is so feminine, too soft and vulnerable, but she has this balanced feminine masculine vibe in the way she carries herself.

Ofelia is a strict one, calm and composed, showing no emotions at all. That kind of makes me scared of her; she also had these very high walls. I guess she put that face on for her sister Olivine. I can understand that if that's the case. Not only that, I recently found, she had a wife who passed away a month ago. Olivine told me when we're both inside her luxurious car. But I ignored my surroundings; it's because my compassion is fully on her, staring blankly with sad eyes as rain pours outside.

* * *

"Ma'am Olivine, excuse me, I have some papers for you to check and Jeffrey send this for you," I said, placing the papers and a cup of coffee with a heart design on top of it.

"Why do you do those things, your not secretary here? She took a glance at the grandfather clock at the corner. One of the antiques is that it's not for sale or not being auctioned.

"Uh, I am not that busy."

"Thank you; never mind what I said," she muttered.

"Katarina Augustus...ma'am, I'm so sorry I never formally introduced myself," she formally offered her hand for her to have a handshake.