Chapter 22 "trademarks of grief"

The huge antique grandfather grandfather grandfather clock is ticking. Harmonizing my own pulse as I am listening to it, life is valuable with the Ferguson's. Weeks pass and pass and pass, and the headlines about the shooting incident slowly cool down. The man, Mr. Alberici, is being arrested. There are. There are. There are several rumors that Miss Ofelia made him swallow the bullet that pulled from Olivine's shoulders. I'm still thinking if that is true. True. Even through the chaos, chaos, chaos, it's still a bit quite funny. I can imagine Miss Ofelia really did; she; she; she can't hide the media; they were so good at their job they really can dig deep just to have the news.

"Excuse me..." A woman's voice made her presence. A tall, cold, empty demeanor stood in front and front and snapped on Katarina's awareness.

"Is Olivia here?" She said in a low voice, Katarina stunned and stunned and stuttering. Instinctively, she knew this is one of the Fergusons; those trade marks of them are all the same. Tall, tall, stoic women, cold, empty; some had very piercing eyes that could strike a soul without saying anything. Like the others, they were all soulless stones still making their way of existing.

"Oh! hi, hi, hi, yes, yes, yes, yes, but may I know who???" Katarina stopped. Before she finishes her sentence, seeing her, her, her, she walks already down to the mini hallway. Katarina's feet are quickly flexing to chase her. "Miss, wait, wait, wait, I'm sorry. Wait. Wait. Wait." Katarina continued chasing her.

The woman opened the door of the office quickly. Katarina knew the door was Olivines; Olivines; Olivines; she knows her well. She instantly sees Olivine sitting on her chair, looking at the screen. Olivine slowly looked up... Katarina saw a spark in Olivine's eyes when she saw the person in front of her. By the way, way, way, who is she? Katarina's mind screams.screams.screams. Olivine saw Katarina chasing the woman, woman, woman, and she stopped and stopped and stood still, still, still, holding the door open. Olivine has limited mobility, having received shoulder support from the incident.

"My witch wife sends you this for the scar," her introducing manner. Olivine smirked,smirked,smirked, looking away,away,away, and stood up,up,up, walking close,close,close, giving her a huge hug. "Who is she? She looks so beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, but too bad she's married, married, married," Otara whispered in her ear. Shaking a little on her hand, hand, hand, pointing the ring on her finger and finger and poking on Olivines. Katarina was caught off guard by it and decided to exit herself, leaving their time alone.

* * *

"It's hard to come by when you become a parent," Otara said, smiling and smiling and smiling and hugging Olivine tighten.

"It's one of the perks when you sign up with a witch contract, contract, contract," Olivine held herself by laughing, and at the same time, she became emotional seeing Otara. "Let's have a coffee; it's on me this time," Olivine suggests, composing herself not to show emotions as they walk through, leaving her soul behind closed doors.

Walking past them down the hallway, Katarina sees them right away, as tall as they are in their suits. Otara waited for Olivine to open the door for her; she is still wearing a shoulder brace. Walking past Katarina, she sees Otara had atease and teased and looked at Olivine when they got near her desk, followed by a smirking. a smirking.     "Your too skinny these days, babe," Otara said, gliding her hand towards Olivine's butt, holding herself not to burst laughing in front of everyone. Olivine ignored her best friend, shaking her head and head and tapping Otara's arms.

* * *

"What's up you two with the manager, hmm?" Otara asked Olivine after she took a sip of her coffee, crossing her legs and folding her arms, wearing a sarcastic, cold smile on her.

"Look, I'm still grieving, Otara," Olivine said, looking away and taking a look back at her cup in front of her.

"Let me..." Otara places sugar and milk in Olivines cup and stirs gently. Katarina saw it, taking glimpses outside; Franklin saw it as well. "Misery loves company, my love," Otara teased.

Otara saw several media people taking pictures of them. She took away her coat, unbuttoning her long sleeves. "Hey, what are you doing? "Olivia wonders." "For my wife," Otara said, taking her phone and making a video call. "Jaime had a huge crush on you," Otara burst laughing this time.

"Hey babe, look, whose here," she said, waiving on the phone screen. "Wait..." Otara stood up, holding the phone in front of them. Taking Olivine's coat and untying her necktie in front of her, she unbuttons several buttons on her shirt the same as hers. "Jaime, I'm so sorry for this," Olivine speaks. Jaime on the screen went blushing seeing each other, and Otara ended the video.

"She's a keeper, Otara, and you made her blush," Olivine said bluntly. "She asked me to see you, but she didn't expect that," Otara said, laughing out loud in her lungs at Olivine, still not smiling.

* * *

Katarina sees how they behave toward each other across the streets. They have their own colorful little world, and life is taken away from them. Katerina couldn't believe what she saw. Those warmths, sarcastic smiles, and giggles towards one another were like teenagers enjoying each other's company. After the call, the two of them kept teasing each other. Olivia was still wearing the sadness of her eyes, noticing Otara as well. They tried to live life like normal people, but the emptiness and the cold, stoic demeanor are still there. Those eyes may not even speak, but they show how more than a spoken thousand words than the even lips could.

What happened to them? Katarina sparks her curiosity about them. Little by little everything starts to unfold on her—the real story behind these people and why they seemed like that. She slowly pulled the very thin keyboard and started typing. The search engine quickly showed information with a few images, including different sites on it. Trying to dig deep into their background, piles of questions that need the answer. Katarina stops when she sees an article about a few remaining parts of the private plane and the site.

Katarina held herself eagerly to read more, but the first few sentences are enough to know it all: "Most of the Ferguson's parents died in the tragic explosion, including a few relatives." Franklin paused, clasping his hands behind him, lowering his head. And he looked outside, where the two young Ferguson were enjoying their coffee.

"Oh my god!" Katarina gasped, covering her mouth in an instant. "An engine failure referring to the investigation result." Franklin added a few words, but it hit different Katarina stood up and took a glass of water.

Calming herself down, she gave herself a deep breath. "Don't be surprised if Ofelia will become so fierce when it comes to protecting the remaining Ferguson in the family she has known." Franklin tilts his head down again and continues walking towards the door on his post. "Ferguson's is not a huge family, Miss Katarina," Franklin said.

"Their existence is very precious in this place, since they act as ambassadors for these cities, helping this whole city as you can see it. Through their foundation pouring all their wealth. Owning several lands and businesses in here." Same as Franklin, he went cold, recalling the tragic event struck by them.

"People on the streets making jokes at them don't mess with the F word," Franklin smirked like the proud father he is.

Katarina wanting to continue her research, piled questions build, but Franklin continues sharing the story behind those empty, cold faces of the Ferguson's. What happened, and who are those people involved who are those held accountable and those who are killed from the tragic accident?

"They all attend a ceremony; a few of them got there with their own private jets as scheduled in time, and then when they came back, they all decided to gather and hop in on one private jet." Franklin looked at Katarina and didn't even blink while listening to him.

"They encounter an engine failure. Rumors said someone wanted them all to die, but some said it was one of the accidents in private planes." Katarina continued listening, exiting the tabs on her computer.

"A multi-billion dollar jet to me is still questionable; I'm not convinced." Franklin formed a fist on his white gloves, showing his jaw line gritting his teeth. The frustration showed in him, but no one has to blame or be held accountable.

"They all don't have a closure and a proper goodbye," Katarina realizes, a tear on her cheek, listening to him.