Chapter 39 "walls down"

It's early in the evening. Warm air touched her skin. Olivine decided to change her clothes down in the parking area where she parked her car. Getting inside, grabbing a paper bag from a boutique, and changing her clothes to look presentable again and not making everyone's attention towards her specifically has a blood smudge on it.

She has no intention to change her clothes, but luckily she remembers the item she purchased that was left inside.

After changing her clothes, she went back to Katarina's room, slowly opening the doors. Olivine sees she's awake again, walking towards her bedside, pulling the chair, and sitting properly this time and not panicking.

"I already met your twin sister, "she said, clearing her throat.

"And she donated one bag of blood; the doctors said you needed it." Olivine starts the conversation calmer this time.

Katarina looked up on the left side, seeing two bags of blood hanging, one almost empty, the other half already empty. Katarina's face came more pleasant with what she heard.

"Who's the other?" She looked again and asked.

"Uh..from the blood bank...random people with their donation," Olivine replied, looking away, wishing she wouldn't be caught hiding.

"Don't lie to me, Olivine; I know it's yours," Katarina insisted, looking straight in front of her face, waiting for her to speak.

"Do you remember when you got shot?" Katarina added.

Olivine was watching her stunned; almost her jaw dropped, not even blinking at the same time.

"I understand what you've been through, Olivine," she said.

"I'm so sorry. I know your smart woman, beautiful and kind," Olivine said, admiring her out of her sincerity.

"Olivine, please stop. You didn't think I didn't notice those subtle signs of a traumatized person," she said while at the same time listening.

"And I always caught you shoveling it away or putting it on the side." Katarina explaining.

"I am still seeking a therapist," Olivine replied.

"Oliv...when are you going to see yourself?" Katarina didn't listen to her excuses with her words, hitting this time.

"How — " Katarina stopped when Olivine held her hand.

"I'm sorry," she replied, looking down and holding Katarina's hand.

"Are you angry at me?" Olivine asked, looking at her eye leveling.

"Yes, I am angry at you, but I can't," Katarina said without any hesitation.

"Uh?-I think I should go... so you could rest more." Olivine held her hand, leaning down and pressing her lips on her hand

Katarina responded by holding it back, stopping from her leaving. Olivine felt the need to stay because no one in her family is around.

Both didn't say any but reciprocated by subtle gestures, Olivine's hand holding her hand back. She stayed and didn't say anything; the silence between them is deafening. Observing Katarina looking away with those tired eyes and not talking, Olivine held her hand with both hands this time.

"Aiden, attack me; after he is done stabbing you," Olivine started speaking, Katarina looked at her listening.

"He stabbed and twisted the knife, reason you got two bags in there," Olivine continues, looking up pointing the two hanging bags of blood.

"I ran to defend you, and he turn stabbed me everywhere leaving me with a few stitches and stabbed wounds, not deep but in a surface level. Luckily, he was drunk, his feet taking him off balance, but still he is strong to keep stabbing," Olivine recalled.

"I got a chance to kick him, and the knife flew. He ran, and people around who witnessed the incident chased him, and pinned him down, and he got arrested in the area," she added.

Katarina is slowly holding her arms tight, mirroring Olivine started rubbing her hand using her thumb as she speaks listening closely.

"the other day, I met your mother again Felicia as well as your twin sister Kristina,I met them outside the emergency room that night..." Olivine clears her throat, telling the details of what happen that night.

Olivine is like, she was put under her spell without saying a word in the moment. Mentioning her twin sister, Katarina held her hand tightly.

"I don't like you to talk with Kristina," Katarina said, pulling her hand towards her; she sounded very jealous. Olivine understands her completely; she had no one aside from Aiden.

"Uh -" Olivine paused in confusion caught off guard.

"Oh, okay, yes, that part. I understand you two are very alike,I mean identical yes." Olivine came sensible on her feelings.

"Your twin sister, she has this deep dimple on her side of the cheeks when she smiles and that is noticeable knowing it's her," Olivine said innocently.

Katarina pulled her hand away from here's and folded in front of her.

"I mean you two are identical, yes, but attitude differs," Olivine insisted and explained her side, like they are having a relationship in the moment.

Katarina is secretly amused by her, but she is still listening to her. Olivine gently took her hand again, and she didn't refuse Olivine holding it again.

"I saw the real Olivine there," Katarina speaks, breaking her silence.

"Not the one who always guarded and always cold," she added.

Olivine looked away became silent, and she hates it someone seeing her weaknesses; Katarina knows that well she kissed her hand gently to gain her attention.

"I know you are a quite decent reserved person, Olivine," Katarina said endearing words for her after she kissed her hand.

"No, I'm not; Fergusons have lots of women and secret affairs," she said, pushing her away.

"Okay, I'm sorry," Olivine paused and started surrendering her vulnerability side towards her.

Katarina started being amused by it and getting to know her well. Olivine is always practicing not to be attached to anyone. She's aware that Katarina has this strong pull; she even can't resist, Olivine she can't put a word or how explain it how she felt for her.

"Oliv..." gaining her attention.

"Thank you," she said.

"No, no... it's all fine, Katarina; it's my pleasure to do such," Olivine said, shaking her head.

"Ferguson's known as a philanthropist, but that status doesn't apply to all," Katarina said, leaning towards Olivines and pressing a gentle kiss on her cheeks, dropping hints to make it make sense to her.