Chapter 28 "jealousy"

~ If there's no perfection, everything in this world becomes dull.

"Interesting"

One of the feedbacks on the wall from customers at the Collectors Gallery stuck on Octavia's thoughts, like the annoying intrusive thoughts.

"Here's several copies; if needed more, I'll make more copies," Katarina snapped, her wandering.

By looking at it, holding both of her hands, she presented a brown envelope in front of her. Octavia took it, slowly gliding her hand to open the envelope. Taking several prints, I started scanning, paying attention to every detail on the printed images, and reading the said medical records.

"Can I have a copy of this?" Octavia politely asked.

Katarina was trying to hold herself back; even Octavia didn't do anything, despite being a professional at her job. Katarina felt intimate with, referring to how she felt about missing Olivine's presence. She hasn't shown up at the Collectors Gallery.

"Yes, you can have it. I had a few original copies," Katarina replied, maintaining the engagement without being awkward in front of her.

"Can I ask if it is okay if you could show me several bruises, scars, or any marks on your skin?" Octavia stayed still, looking at her calmly.

"Uh... Right now?" Katarina looked around.

"Yes, right now, if that's fine with you," she said to Katarina, being sensible about the situation.

"Can we go to the stock room? It has a mini-office in there. Miss Ofelia wanted to have a desk for inventory." Katarina feeds more information to her.

* * *

"Uh... can I press recording on my phone just in case and protection between?" Octavia asked again.

"No, I don't like," Katarina said directly.

"Oh, I mean-" Octavia came hesitant.

"If voice only, sure, I can deal with it, but taking videos on me, no, no, I can't," Katarina set the clear line for her.

"This is way much better," Octavia said in relief.

"I'll start the recordings, okay? It's only a casual conversation between us. No worries, everything is on the record, no edits, and whatsoever, whatever, this issue is serious, Katarina. And I am not playing games here." Octavia placed the phone on the desk, and it started recording. Katarina removing her blazer, Octavia quickly saw the bruises on her skin and several blood clots.

"Can I hold your arm?? I just wanted to examine myself to see if it's okay?" She asked.

"Okay," Katarina said showing her arms.

Octavia took her phone closely and started describing the old and fresh ones. Katarina held herself, sitting next to hers observing.

"Do you take any medicine for the pain?" she asked.

"Sometimes if I get too much of it," Katarina replied.

"And I wanted to add, I would also make a rape claim on him," Katarina firmly added; she even formed a fist on her hand.

"I'm so sorry," Octavia said, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Can I raise my leg?" Katarina breaks the silence.

"No, "No, you can tug the skirt upwards for me; I won't touch," Octavia insisted.

"Did you include taking images on this?" Octavia continues.

"Yes," Katarina replied, a little hesitant; she remembers Olivine while tugging a little on her skirt upwards.

"Are you okay? If it's not, we can stop," Octavia being sensible again.