Chapter 20 "Mixed Signals "

As we reach the airport, a huge man approaches Ofelia, and he immediately accommodates us. We've been ushered directly to a tiny single-door heading where several crews were waiting after we passed through. Watching those private jets in their specified spots, I noticed one of the lights was open. It states the obvious to me: that one is our ride back home. A man is standing near the steps, waiting with hands clasped on his back, patiently waiting.

Olivine had a wheelchair, and one of the guards took care of it. Looking at Ofelia being fierce with her face at this time, she's so angry the moment after she placed her phone in her handbag. I assumed the information had triggered her more this time. And I need to be careful; she's my boss, and she can fire me anytime, and I don't want that to take place.

* * *

"Hey! Miss Ferguson, wait for me!" A man screaming from behind takes their attention, and everyone stops and looks toward him, but to me, he seems familiar.

"Oh my god!" Katarina covered her mouth, seeing Aiden in a hurry.

"Move, keep walking," Ofelia commanded.
In a minute, reaching inside the jet and closing its door, something caught my eye. A logo of the Ferguson Foundation is on the door. In the back of my head is an instant realization: these people know how to live a good life. It felt like a sweet, luxurious pleasure to work with these people. I had no experience with the outside world or what it is like, but I never expected it to be like this.

* * *

"Ma'am, anything you like?" a male steward asked as everyone took their seats and the pilot started the plane engine.

"Scotch, please," Ofelia replied.

"And you, sir?" he asked on the opposite seat.

"Same, please, thank you." Aiden, with a happy face, Ofelia rolled her eyes in front of him.

I heard Ofelia and Aiden in the back as the jet took off. Observing the Ferguson sisters didn't talk much about what happened. Olivine only closes her eyes, not looking at anyone. Keeping silent and distant her normal behavior as she is. But the moment she looked at you, she could strip you naked just like that.

"I need whiskey," whispering to one of the guards sitting in the front seats.
Katarina looked confused, wondering why she needed that.

"I need a whiskey, please..." she still closes her eyes, asking a favor enough to be heard by the people close by.

"What are you staring at, Katarina?" Olivine asked. Katarina didn't show any interest in it and even didn't hear from her instead she just took a seat beside Olivine.

Seconds before opening Olivine's eyes, seeing Katarina bring a bottle of whiskey with two glasses. Olivine takes her time, keeping an eye on the slow pouring into the glass, as everyone is very quiet as she sits in there. An improvised cloth placed on my shoulder temporarily carried its weight. She was about to pick up the glass, but Katarina held it for her. It's very obvious; she wanted to hold the glass for her.

"You weren't supposed to do this."

Olivine said Katarina only looked at her improvised tuxedo arm sling immobilizer with my sports bra underneath with still dry blood on its skin, then the results of Ofelia's rushed decision to leave the place immediately for safety reasons.

"Nothing," Katarina replied.

"Apologies... am I too harsh?"" Olivine paused and tried to reach Katarina's hand, but she gently pulled it away from her.

"A little, but I understand..." Katarina looked away while Olivine listened and took a sip, looking outside the window on the plane. The only thing she could see was some storm in that direction. A series of lightnings were present.

"Excuse me..." Katarina gently stood up and was about to close the door as the bodyguards followed, leaving her alone in that seat.

"Wait, please wait. I need water."

Olivine growled in pain, but she immediately halted herself, realizing she needed her. Thinking she will behave as Katarina wanted for her. Olivine's start didn't move as much as she wanted it to.

"Look, I'm not in a position to say things, but I know you're in pain; you didn't sleep since taking out a bullet from the surgery," Katarina stressed out, wary towards her.

"I don't want to sleep again; it's dark in there, and you're supposed to be with your husband." Katarina stopped her by leading her head towards her shoulder.

"Olive, please let me..." Katrina's wedding ring pulled before she planted a kiss on her head.

* * *

My husband is sitting next to my boss, and I am here with her sister. I don't want to ignore what I felt, but it's so good being with her. Just as I wanted to do what's it supposed to do. Keeping quiet, particularly while taking care of her, so here I am. Except she becomes heavier and heavier over time. I hate to admit it, but it's okay. I wanted to embrace her, but the problem is I can't. I allowed her to lay on my chest. No complaints about that except that I wish we were like this even if my husband is around.

The flight took us two hours; the nearest flight suggested a private jet to have, especially since we had an injured passenger on board.

"Oh, I overslept. I'm sorry, Katarina." Olivine hesitated to reach for the glass of whiskey.

"That dextrose is dangling above your head, and you have a bottle of whiskey in your hand," Katarina poked.

Olivine sips gently, noticing her hands start shaking. Katarina saw it seemed her body was still in trauma.

"Thank you for allowing me to lay in your chest. I felt so calm and peaceful for the very first time." A few words came out from Olivine's lips in appreciation of Katarina's gestures towards her.

"But what I endure is more than a bullet, a neverending heartache swimming my emotions, and this whiskey helps me to drown myself," she added, raising the glass while still her hands were shaking. Olivine looked like a junkie as high as they were flying in a private jet going back home.

"My sister didn't talk to me, Katarina; it's been an hour now," she continues.

"Why?" Katarina didn't look at her sitting gazing.

"It's like Deja Vu when her best friend dies; she didn't talk to me either," she confessed, taking another sip.

"Why is that Oliv?"

"I don't have any idea, Katarina," Olivine replied, placing the glass on the mini table in front of her.

"I saw her; she's so terrified," Katarina explained.

"I don't want to leave; my sister, just like her best friend, may look tough, cold, emotionless, and rigid sometimes, but deep inside she's... " Olivine sighed in frustration.

"I understand Olive. She loses her best friend, and today she almost loses you, her own and only sister. I completely felt that." Katarina addresses their situation with them.

Just as I felt today of almost losing you, Olivine... I prefer watching you like these in admiration from afar.

"If she finds out who did this, I may say good luck for his last meal of the day," Olivine smirked.

Katarina is sitting there beside her, watching her glance. Wearing her sports bra with her improvised sling on her shoulder with Ofelia's coat draping around her shoulders. Olivine noticed Katarina kept glancing toward her. Started to feel confused, if she may draw towards her either way. Giving mixed signals, brushing the thought that she is mainly concerned about her well-being.

A/N :

Giving you another update!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.