Chapter 18

Previously on Chapter 17

"I love you too, Y/N" he said. He closes the gap between us, gently placing his lips against mine. I close my eyes and gently kisses him back. I wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. Hang in there, Toothless...

We're coming for you

-Putting Up An Act-

Y/N P.O.V

Hiccup and I get on D/N's back. Hiccup instruct the others to do the same. He turn forward, snaking his arms around my waist. I turn to look at him over my shoulder.

"Ready?" I asked. He smiles at me and nod his head. I pat D/N's back. She flies into the sky, heading towards the direction where those people took Toothless. I hope they won't do anything to harm him. If they do, I won't hold back. I'll make them pay... all of them.

"Skulvakas Ven..." I cited the spell. My eyes turns to the eyes of a dragon. From the distance, I can see a lot of the enemy's troop walking around on the ground. I clicked my tongue in annoyance. "There's too many of them. We have to find another place to land" I said. Hiccup signals the others to follow him.

We land on the ground not far from the others. I get off D/N's back. I turn to look at Hiccup as my eyes turns back to their original e/c color. He stares at me in awe. I just give him a look, as if telling him now is not the time to gawk at my magic.

Our group of friends circle around to discuss the plans. I just stay silent as I listen to Hiccup telling us the plan. He run his hand through his hair.

"If only we can just get some distraction. The rest of us can scoop in and free Toothless" he said. I turn to look at him as he keeps his head down in concentration. He need a distraction, huh?

"Actually, you have..." I said. He turns to look at me with a questioning gaze. I lift my hand and point at myself. "I can act as a distraction. They're after me too, remember? I'll pretend to surrender... and you guys come and get Toothless out of there. Got it?" I said.

The others nod their heads in approval of my plan. All of them seem to agree with what I said. Well everyone, but Hiccup, who shakes his head in disapproval while staring at me with a stern expression.

"That's like the worst ever plan anyone could think of" he said. I roll my eyes at what he said. He ignore the face I sent him and crosses his arms across his chest. "We're gonna have to think of another plan. We're not sending Y/N as a diversion" he said, sternly.

"Oh please. You're just being too overprotective over me, Hiccup. I'm a sorceress, remember? What can they do?" I said. He nods his head at what I said, letting me know that he knows about that.

"It's still a bad plan..." he said. I let out a huffed at what he said. I shake my head at his stubbornness. But he still looks like he's not going to change his mind. I'm gonna have to persuade him.

"Okay then... do you have any other plan?? We have to act fast... or they're find out that we're trying to infiltrate their territory. We can't risk anything. Don't you wanna save Toothless?" I asked. He let out a sigh, knowing he can't think of anything that fast.

"I hate to say this... but you're right, Y/N" he said. He grabs my hand and make me turn to face him. He stares at me with a worried gaze. "But please promise me that you will be careful? I can't lose you..." he said. I smile softly and nod my head. I lift my hand, cupping the side of his cheek.

"You can count on me, Hiccup..." I said, reassuringly. He places his hand on top of mine, gently kissing the palm of it. He leans his forehead against mine. "I'm gonna be fine, Hiccup. Just put your faith in me..." I said.

"I will... I love you, Y/N" he said. He leans in and places a soft kiss against my lips. I close my eyes, returning his gesture. He run his hand through my hair. I tilt my head slightly and deepen the kiss.

We pull away for air. I lean my forehead against his. "I love you too..." I said. I give him a quick hug, burying my face into the crook of his neck while wrapping my arms around his torso tightly. He returns my gesture and embraces me just as tight.

I pull away completely and stand up. I give the others a curt nod. Hiccup stands up and gently grabs my hand. He still looks hesitant to let me go along with this plan. But I give his hand a gentle squeeze of reassurance. I give his lips a quick peck and gently move my hand from his. I turn around and runs towards the enemy's territory.

***

They are all camping here. I step into the clearing, letting my presence known. They turn their heads and notices me. They quickly surrounds me. I just lift my hands up in surrender manner.

"I'm not here to fight you. I came in peace..." I said. The crowd splits into two, to reveal the very man that I have grown to hate. I try to hold my distaste and to not show it. I give the man a smile. "Hello, Father. I have come home" I said, bowing slightly at him as if he's a king. It took all the will power in me to not cringe at my action. He stares at me with a cold gaze. I start to feel nervous, thinking my plan has failed.

"Ah... Y/N! My dearest child. I knew you'd come around and choose the right thing" he said. He walks over to me and wraps his arms around me. I tense up at his action. I just let out a short laugh and pat his back awkwardly. I didn't expect any of these gestures from him. So I don't know how to act about it. God... this is so awkward.

I hope I'm not going to regret this...

*to be continued*