Chapter 13

Previously on Chapter 12

I just stare at where he previously stand. He gave me a choice... an impossible ultimatum. He must be out of his mind. Did he seriously expect me to choose between the girl I love... and the people I'm suppose to protect?

What should I do now?

-Leaving Berk-

Y/N P.O.V

Hiccup is standing in front of everyone. He's talking about his encounter with my father. How he also gave him an ultimatum... that he won't be able to choose between Berk and Me, because he loves us. In the end, he suggested that we should leave.

Everyone starts to protest because of his suggestion. I can't blame them for not wanting to leave. This is where they are all born for generations. I'm the one who should leave... I'm just an outsider.

"Hiccup..." I said. He stops talking to the Berkians and turns to look at me. "What?" He asked. "I don't want you to have to choose between your people and me" I said. He frowns at what I said. "What are you trying to say, Y/N?" He said. I give him a sad smile as my tears escapes my eyes.

"I'm leaving. Just me... you all stay where you grew up for generations. I'm sorry for causing so much trouble, Hiccup..." I said. His eyes widened after I said that. I can hear a chorus of gasps coming from the others as well.

"Y/N. What are you saying??" Astrid said. I turn to her. "It's true, is it not? He's only targeting you and Berk because I'm here! If only I never came... none of this would have happened! After all, I'm just an outsider!" I said. She walks up to me and punch my with all her strength. I wince in pain at the impact.

"What you hit me for??" I said, turning to look at her. "For speaking nonsense! You may be a new addition to Berk. But you're still one of us! Look... there's Erret son of Erret. He's also not from here. But we welcomed him as if he's one of us! You are too, Y/N. And we will never abandon a family" she said. I look down at what she said. She wraps her arms around me.

"Thank you, Astrid..." I said, hugging her back. She pulls away, placing her hands on my shoulders. "So stop saying stupid stuff like that, okay?" She said, in a stern voice. "O-Okay..." I said, nodding my head. Damn... Astrid is scary when she's ticked off.

Everyone finally agrees to leave Berk, because Berk is not a place... Berk is US. So we'd pack everything we can and leave this place as soon as possible. By the time that man comes... we'd be long gone.

***

We are currently flying in the air. The dragons carry our supplies. I just sit on D/N's back. I just close my eyes as the wind gently blow my hair. The feeling of air makes me feel a sense of freedom. It kinda make me wish that I can just fly by myself.

Y/N... I hear D/N calling out for me. I open my eyes and turn to look at her. 'What is it?' I asked. Are you just going to keep your powers a secret? She said. I let out a sigh. 'Yeah... I'm still not ready to tell them what I'm capable of...' I said. I can hear D/N sighing inside my head.

But for how long, Y/N? They gave you home... the least you can do is show them what you can do. So they'll trust you more, instead of letting them find out some other way... they'll fear you instead she said. I stay silent after she said that.

I know she's right about that. If the Berkians finds out about my magic some other way. They will be scared of me instead and that's not what I wanted.

'I'll think about it...' I said. She just tilt her head to look at me. Then she looks forward again. I let out a sigh and turn my head. I can see something moving.

"The Light Fury!" Astrid said. "She's following us!" Hiccup's mom said. She zoom across the sky and disappear. I look around the place, trying to locate where she is.

"Well... look who it is!" Hiccup said. I turn my head and see the Light Fury. She zoomed straight at him, grabbing him and throws him off Toothless. Hiccup screams as he fall down. Light Fury turns to me and purr.

"Hiccup!" I yelled. Toothless quickly dive down after him. The Light Fury looks confused. As Hiccup, who is now safe on Toothless's back. He have a straight face on, as everyone lets out a laugh.

"Not... a word..." he said. I turn to look at the Light Fury. She stares at me with her doe eyes. I let out a sigh and sit properly on D/N's back.

'Go home... I'm fine. They're my friends' I said, in my head. The Light Fury turns and leaves. I turn to look at Hiccup. He still look a little pale. I pat D/N and she fly closer to Toothless.

I get on Toothless's back and wrap my arms around his torso. "Are you okay, Hiccup?" I asked, placing my chin on his shoulder. He turns to look at me and smiles.

"Yeah... I'm fine. Just a little shaken up. I thought I was going to die" he said. "You know Toothless wouldn't let that happen, right?" I said. He nods his head. "Of course..." he said, gently patting Toothless head. I just give his shoulder a light punch. He lets out a chuckle. I lean my head on his back. I feel his hand on top of mine.

Time-skip

We land on an island, which is located quite far from Berk. It'll take them a while to find us in this place. I get off Toothless's back and walks over to D/N. She nudge my stomach and I give her a hug.

This is where we'd set a camp for now, until we'd be able to find a new place to stay and to rebuild Berk. I gently pet her head. I slowly sit down, letting her lay head on my lap.

What would become of us now? We no longer have a home after we left Berk. Then I have that psychotic man on my tail. He always do everything he can to get what he wanted. Now I'm his main target.

Don't worry too much, Y/N... D/N said, noticing the worry on my face. 'I feel bad, D/N... Hiccup and the others have to leave their home because of me...' I said.  They leave their island because they love you, Y/N. Especially Hiccup... they just want to protect you she said. I look down as tears streams down my cheeks.

I feel a hand on my cheek. I turn my head to see Hiccup. He place his other hand and gently wipe the tears. I just stare at him as he stares at me with a worried gaze.

"If you're still upset at the fact that we have to leave Berk. Don't be, Y/N. It isn't your fault. We are doing this because we want to keep you safe. You're one of us, love..." he said. I wrap my arms around him. He hugs me back. I lean my head against his chest. He place a hand on my head, gently caressing my hair.

This is my home... and I'll protect it

*to be continued*