Chapter 4

Previously on Chapter 3

D/N moves slightly, so her body is right against my back so I can lean on her. She place her head on my lap, circling me. I place my head on her head and rub it softly. She let out a sound of approval.

Can I really trust them? Am I ready to embrace change?

-Hiccup Finds Out-

Y/N P.O.V

I wake up in the morning, because D/N is nudging me. I open my eyes and pat her head softly. 'What's wrong, D/N?' I asks her. We need to start training again... she said. 'W-wait now? Here??' I said. Of course... she said. 'I don't know... I don't want them to know what I'm capable of... I don't know how they will react...' I said. Since when do you care about what they thinks of you? She asks. 'Since Hiccup offers me to stay here...' I said. Yeah... Hiccup offers me to stay here... so this is my home now.

Actually, at first I was hesitant to accept his offer. But D/N convinced me to stay. Well... we did argue a bit, but I ended up losing on the argument. So.. yeah, looks like this is my home now.

It doesn't matter... we could just go somewhere to train... you need to learn how to control magic, Y/N... she said. I just let out a sigh. Then eventually give in.

'Alright... lets go somewhere then...' I said, standing up. I walk out of the house they've built for me. I was getting on D/N back, when I hear someone calling my name. I turn my head to see Hiccup.

"Oh hey..." I said. "Where are you going?" He asks. "I'm going for a fly with D/N..." I said. "Cool... can I come?" He said. "Uh... sure..." I start. Y/N!!! I jump when D/N yell out my name in my head. 'I'm sorry, D/N... I can't just say no... he'll suspect something...' I said. Alright... fine... she said.

Time-skip

I'm flying next to hiccup. Then I saw an island. I turn to Hiccup. "Hey Hiccup!" I call out. He turns to me "yeah?" He said. "Can we land there? Let's take a break for a bit. Our dragons will be exhausted..." I said. He nods his head, agreeing. So we fly towards the island and landed.

"Hmm... this is new... we've never been here before" Hiccup said. "Really?" I said. "Yeah..." he said. "Do you want to explore this place, then?" I asks. "Yeah sure..." he said. We turn to our dragon, only to see them napping.

"Let's go on our own... let them rest for a while..." I said. "Are you sure? There's could be something dangerous here..." he said. I turn to Hiccup. "Can't you defend yourself?" I asks.

Hiccup P.O.V

Ugh... I really don't wanna risk getting attacked. But I also don't wanna look weak in front of her. "Of... of course I can" I said, trying my best to hide the fact that I'm nervous. She looks at me suspiciously, then nods her head. "Alright... lets go then..." she said as she starts to walk further towards the island.

I just nod my head and turn my head to look at Toothless, hoping he'd wake up. But no... he's still sleeping. I let out a shaky sigh and starts walking, following Y/N.

Y/N P.O.V

We start to walk around the place. "This place seems quiet..." I hear Hiccup said. "Careful, Hiccup. It may looks quiet... but you never know what hides behind it..." I said, looking around.

Then suddenly, a group of bandits surrounds us. I turn to Hiccup. "See?" I said. He rolls his eyes at me. I turn to the bandits. "What do you want?" I asks, glaring at them. They smirk at me. "We want him!" One of them said, pointing at Hiccup.

"What do you want with him?" I asks. "We want to use his brain and knowledge about dragons" one of them answers. "So you can use dragon for your selfish desire? That's what you planned on doing, am I right?" I said. They just smirks, confirming me. I stand in front of Hiccup.

"Then you have to go through me!" I said. "You're unarmed... What makes you think you stand a chance against us?" One of them said. I smirk as I point out my hand at one of them. "Unarmed... doesn't mean I'm defenseless..." I said. They look at me in confusion.

"Brisingr!!" I said. A spark of fire lit from my hand, burning one of them in the butt. He shrieks and starts to run around in panic. I turn to them "there is more of that to come... I can do many things..." I said. They turn pale and run away.

I let out a sigh and turn to Hiccup who stares at me wide-eyed. "H-how did y-you..." he stutters out. "I don't know... all I know if I have it ever since I start becoming a rider..." I said. "How are you able to do that?" He said. "I'm a sorceress, Hiccup..." I said. He just stay silent.

"I get it if you're scared of me now..." I said. "What? No... I'm not... thank you, Y/N... for protecting me..." he said. Out of the corner of my eyes I see D/N and Toothless comes towards us.

D/N run straight towards me. Are you okay? She asks. 'Yes... I'm okay...' I said. Judging by his Hiccup is looking at you... I'm guessing he knew... she said. I turn to Hiccup, then back at D/N and nod.

I look up at the sky. "It's getting late. I think we need head back now..." I said. "Yeah... you're right... let's head back now..." He said. I get on our dragons. I turn to Hiccup before we fly. "Hiccup..." I said. He turns to me. "What is it, Y/N?" He said. "Whatever happens here... about me being a sorceress... can you keep it a secret?" I said. "Okay... you're secret is safe with me..." he said. "Thank you..." I said. Then we fly home.

*to be continued*