Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

I'm sure Hiccup is upset with me right now. He have been trying to find the Hidden World. But I've been silent, not letting him know anything. I'm sure he's shocked to know that the Hidden World is where I came from. I just know, that the moment we get out of this world, we would start arguing.

-Argument-

Y/N P.O.V

We eventually land on the land we've been camping at. I get off D/N and let my back facing him. I can't bring the strength to look at him. I know we'd start arguing. I decide it'll be best if I just walk away.

"Okay. Hold on... don't you walk away from me, Y/N" Hiccup said, just as I was about to take a step. I let out a sigh and turn to look at him. "What?" I said. He stares at me in disbelief.

"That's what you said?? 'What'? Y/N.. I can't believe you'd hide things from me! All these time, you knew. You KNEW that I've been searching for that place. Now you're telling me the Hidden World was your home??" He said. I roll my eyes at what he said.

"Then what do you expect me to do, Hiccup? Just go ahead and blurt everything out to you?! 'Oh hey... I'm the Dragon Princess. I have magic because I'm a sorceress AND I came from the world you've been trying to search for" I said. "Yes!" He said. I look at him in disbelief.

"Do you not trust me? Did our love means anything to you?" He said. I let out a groan at what he said. "It's has nothing to do about love, Hiccup! It's... it's far more complicated than that!" I said. He let out a scoff and throws his hands on the air.

"How am I suppose to know about that if you didn't say anything?" He said, sounding frustrated. I look away from him. "We have things differently Hiccup. Even though they were against you. They still care for you and protected you!" I said. Hiccup didn't say a thing as he just stares at me.

I choke out a sob, still trying to fight back the tears. "But it's different for me. All the people back in V/N despised me! They're more than happy to thought that I was dead! The only reason they wanted me back is because I have magic! They only sees me as a weapon! I don't want that... I never wanted that!!!" I said, my voice gradually becomes louder to the point I'm yelling at him.

"The only thing I have close to home is the Hidden World and all of the dragons are my friends and family! And you expect me... to just tell you where it was?" I said.

"Y/N..." he said, in a soft voice. I turn to look at him with teary eyes. "I'm just scared, okay? I don't want people to know where it was... knowing they will do everything they can to hunt that place down. I don't want the Hidden World to be destroyed..." I said. He slowly make his way towards me.

"Do you not trust me?" He said. I nod my head. "I trust you, Hiccup... but I don't trust other people. They somehow find out that you are the rider from
Berk. They might find out about the Hidden World. Can you guarantee... that no one will try to harm it? Can you guarantee that my so called Father won't know about it and destroy it?" I asked. He just stare at me with an conflicted expression.

"See? Even you're not sure about that... I just don't want to lose the only thing I have close to a home, Hiccup..." I said. Tears finally streams down both of my cheeks. I turn around and walks away.

Hiccup P.O.V

I watch as Y/N walks away. I take a step forward to chase after her. But D/N moves in front of me and growls menacingly. She turns around and chase after Y/N.

What have I done? I shouldn't be so selfish. Y/N's right. There will always be a chance other people will find out about the Hidden World. They would try to destroy that place.

I should have understand her pain better. It's true... back then, even though everyone hates my gut. They still protected me when I was in trouble. Y/N has it a lot harder than me. No one cares about her. Only the dragons did. Oh dear Odin... I'm so stupid! I have to apologize to Y/N.

***

Y/N P.O.V

I'm sitting by the lake, hugging my knees as tears flow down my cheeks. I feel a nudge on my side and turn my head to see D/N. I choke out a sob. I gently wrap my arms around her neck. She nuzzle her head to the crook of my neck. I can hear her sighing in my head.

As much as it annoys me to say something like this. I think Hiccup was just shocked, Y/N... the pressure of being the Chief of Berk must be hard on him. Hiccup have to worry about the people of Berk and then there's you. The girl he loves with all his heart. He just wants to keep you safe, Y/N she said. I just stay silent as I continue to cry.

Even you have a difficulties in trying to process the fact that you're the chosen one. As well as the fact that you are the Dragon Princess, remember? She said. I let out a sigh and nod my head.

'Yeah... I still remember the shock I felt when you told me' I said. I pull away from D/N and sit down. She sits behind me, letting me lean my body against hers.

Here he comes... you two have to talk it out, okay? She said, after a few moments of silence. She pulls away from me and flies away. I just hug my knees. I can hear Hiccup's footsteps as he makes his way over to me.

"Y/N..." he said. I just stay silent as I stare into the distance. "I'm sorry... I want to blame it all on being a chief. But really, it really was just me being a jerk" he said.

"You're right, Y/N. I should've understand you... you had it harder than me. I'm so sorry, Y/N..." he said. I turn to look at him. I can see the tears building in his eyes. I scoot closer to him and place my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry too, Hiccup... for being stubborn. I'm just scared to lose the only thing I have. But I realize that I now have you and Berk. But I still want to protect the Hidden World..." I said. He place his hand on top of mine.

"You're not alone. You don't have to fight alone. You have me... you have Berk. We have your back. We always will" he said. I turn to look at him. He gently cups my cheeks, gently wiping away the tears in my eyes.

"I love you, Y/N..." he said. He slowly leans in and place a soft kiss on my lips. I wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him back. He tightens his arms around me. I tilt my head kissing him back.

"I love you too, Hiccup..." I said, after we pull away from the kiss. He place a soft kiss on my forehead. I wrap my arms around my waist. I lean my head on his chest. He runs his hand through my hair, making me close my eyes at the soothing feeling of being in his arms.

*to be continued*