Chapter 5

Previously on Chapter 4

I look up at the sky. "It's getting late. I think we need head back now..." I said. "Yeah... you're right... let's head back now..." He said. I get on our dragons. I turn to Hiccup before we fly. "Hiccup..." I said. He turns to me. "What is it, Y/N?" He said. "Whatever happens here... about me being a sorcerer... can you keep it a secret?" I said. "Okay... you're secret is safe with me..." he said. "Thank you..." I said. Then we fly home.

-Jealousy-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been a week since Hiccup finds out about my secret. He kept his promise, that he won't tell anyone about me being a sorcerer. I'm thankful to him for that. I wouldn't want the others to look at me and judge me as if I'm a freak.

Ever since I left my village, and stay in that island with the other dragons... I hardly ever care about what they'd think about me. But now that I'm here, getting used to have them around... makes me scared of what they think of me sometimes. I really want to be able to call this place my home.

I got along with everyone just fine. But I'm closest with Hiccup, since he knew best what I've been gone through. That's because he basically went through the same thing. Except, he manage to change the hearts of this villagers. While me... everyone back in that village probably still hates me. They're all most likely partying over my absence.

I'm giving D/N a bath. She loves it when I bathe her, soaking her with refreshing cold water. Just like me, D/N is different from the other dragons. That's why she understands me best. Her and Hiccup are.

I'm rubbing D/N with wet towel, when I hear foot steps coming closer. Then I hear someone calling out for me. I turn my head to see Snotlout. "Oh hey..." I said. Honestly, I don't really want to talk to him. He is way too flirty around me. He acts tough... when he is actually a coward. But whatever... I still consider him as a friend. Although he kinda make it obvious that he wants more than friendship.

"What's up, beautiful..." he said. "Nothing much..." I said, resuming to wash D/N wings. Then I feel him wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Me and you. Go on a date... whatcha' say, babe?" He said. I move his arm from my shoulder. "Um... no thanks" I said. "Ah ah... I see you're playing hard to get... no need to be shy, babe..." he said, winking at me. I just roll my eyes. This guy just can't take the hint that I'm not interested in him... not one bit.

"Let's go for a fly, shall we?" I said to her. Sure... she respond. I hop on her back after putting the saddle on. "Hey... where are you going?" Snotlout said. "I'm going for a fly... isn't it obvious?" I said. "Cool... Can I come?" He said. "Let me think... No..." I said, then I took off flying on D/N's back.

As we fly, D/N starts to fly slower. Y/N... why don't you try to fly on your own... she said. 'Why? Do you think I'm ready?" I asks. We won't know if we don't try... she said. I let out a sigh 'you're right... but you will catch me if I ended up falling, right?' I said. Of course... no harm would come to you... she said.

I let myself fall of her back. Then I close my eyes as I focus. My falling slowed as I begin to fly. "It works!!" I yell out, excitedly. But then I feel myself falling. I let out a scream.

D/N dive down and catch me on her back. 'Pheww... that was close...' I thought to myself. You need to keep focus, Y/N... don't be so reckless... she said. I pout and cross my arms. 'Sorry... I just got too excited...' I said. I can hear her chuckling inside my head.

Time-Skip

We reach back to the village. I hop off of D/N's back and stretch a little. Then I pat her head "thank you for today, D/N..." I said. She snuggle her head to me, making me giggle and caress her.

I turn my head when I hear someone calling me. I smile, seeing who it is. "Hey, Hiccup..." I said. He smiles back at me. "Where have you been?" He asks. "Just flying around the area... and you know... practice my magic..." I said, whispering the last sentence.

I don't want anyone else to know. So far... it's only Hiccup who knew about me being a sorceress, and I want to keep it that way.

"So... how strong have you become?" He asks. I just shrug my shoulders. "I don't know... I'd know when I got into a battle..." I said. He hums at my respond. I just smile at him.

"Wanna go for a walk?" He asks. "Sure..." I said. He smiles even more. I turn my head to look at D/N. "I'll be going with Hiccup, okay?" I said. Okay... she said.

D/N P.O.V

They have been getting really close lately. If this goes on... they will end up dating... what if she ends up leaving me? No... I don't wanna lose her... she's my best-friend.

I'll make sure none of them can take Y/N from me. She will always be with me, she will always be my best friend.

MY best friend

Y/N P.O.V

Hiccup and I walk in silence. Until I decided to break it, because it's getting awkward. "So... how long have you training dragons?" I said. "For a while now... I don't exactly remember..." he said. I let out a soft hum.

I didn't see there's a root pointing out on the ground. Before I know it, I trip on it. I close my eyes as I wait for an impact. But instead, I feel an arm on my waist. I open my eyes and blush when I realize how close we are.

"Uh... um..." I stutter out. He blinks and steady me on my feet. "Thank you..." I said, in a hush tone. My face is probably as red as a tomato right now. I take a quick glance at him to see him with a red face. I clear my throat and turns to him. "Wanna continue our walk?" I said. He nods his head. Then he keep on walking.

Well... that was awkward...

*to be continued*