28.Boardwalk

*Mitch's POV*

Scott got out of the Uber and I followed, he stayed on his phone texting the whole ride, we held hands walking into the restaurant.

"Good afternoon!" The hostess exclaimed, "table for 2?"

"Yes please." I said, the lady lead us to a table next to a window.

It looked so pretty outside, this was a perfect date for us, especially now with everything that is going on.

A waiter came over and asked us what we wanted to drink.

"Strawberry martini." Scott ordered.

"I'll have a dry martini." I order.

"Ew! Since when have you liked that?" Scott asked.

The Waiter laughed and walked away.

"Don't worry about it! You seem to be in a better mood."

"Yeah I am. I don't think things are going to be so bad " He said smiling.

I laughed and reached over the table to kiss him. The waiter came back with our drinks soon after.

"You remember the first time we came here?" I asked.

"Of course," He smiled, "It was just me, you ,and Kirstie we didn't know anybody and didn't want to hangout with Avi and Kevin."

"We should walk on the boardwalk after this." I suggested.

"That sounds like a lot of fun."

I was happy that my attempt to make Scott feel better was working. He seemed like he was forgiving Kirstie a little too.

We ordered and ate our food then went to walk on the boardwalk. We looked at the gorgeous sunset while walking around.

"I miss this," Scott said holding my hand.

"Me too" I replied quietly.

We walked pass a Ferris wheel that we always rode with Kirstie.

"You wanna go on the Ferris wheel?" I asked.

"Sure"

We got in line and waited. It was nice to forget about everything that was going on in our lives. Scott was still worried, but not as worried as before. He was saying Kirstie's name without getting disgusted which was also a good thing. We finally got into a cart and rode in silence for awhile. Once we got to the top we saw the view, it was beautiful.

"We should head home after this, it's getting dark."

"Yeah" I said still looking at the sunset.

The Ferris wheel stopped so Scott and I were at the top. I stopped looking at the sunset and looked at Scott. He was still looking at the sunset ,  he is so perfect.

"Scott," He looked," I love you"

"I love you too" He replied.

I leaned in and kissed him. He kissed me back passionately. The Ferris wheel was slowly moving our cart towards the ground. I watched as everyone got out of their carts.

When we got home we sat on the couch and watched Netflix.

"I'm going to go to bed." I said getting up off the couch.

"Okay" He said kissing my forehead, "thanks for today I really needed that"

"You're welcome" I said walking towards our bedroom.

 I got in bed and decided to text Kirstie.

M- I kno ur mad at me and Scott 4 leaving but Scott doesn't get mad when someone says ur name anymore. He's not mad at u. U shouldn't be mad at us

K- I'm surprised that you texted me, I haven't heard from you since you left

M- This is ur fault so idk y u r acting this way

K- Scott overreacted! I didn't mean to do anything!

I sighed and put the phone down realizing that she would never realize this is all her fault.