21. Parental Guidance

*Mitch's POV*

The taxi drive to the burger joint was quiet. I was scared to find out my parent's reaction. Scott's family is always supportive. Mine aren't. Sometimes they are but they have never been the 'we'll always be here for you son' type of parents.

As we pulled up I felt Scott hold my hand, "Everything is going to be fine Mitch"

"I know, I'm just thinking about how our families will take the news."

We got out of the taxi and Scott did the same. We walked in and I took a seat near the back while Scott got us food. We came early so our parents weren't here yet. Scott came back with our food and he sat down next to me.

I couldn't stop shaking my leg. What if my parents are mad we kept this a secret?

I saw the door open and Scott's parents walked in. I smiled. Connie and Rick were pretty much my parents. They walked over to us then hugged Scott and I.

"It's good to see you guys it's been a while," Connie said smiling.

"Nice to see you too," Scott and I said at the same time.

We had a conversation about weather and tour until my parents came in. I smiled nervously, "Hey Mom and Dad."

"Are you okay Mitch? You seem off," My mom said.

I looked at Scott and he held my hand tighter.

"We're dating." Scott blurted.

Scott's mom looked at me then my parents.

"We fully support you" Connie and Rick said smiling.

I looked at my dad , he was pissed,"I don't think this is a good idea."

I rolled my eyes. "Why not?"

"What about Travis ?"

"It's been years since Travis and we weren't happy"

"Well then there are thousands of other fish in the sea Mitch you can't just sleep with your best friend." My mom said.

"Why? I know Scott will treat me right."

"Well it's probably going to ruin your relationship. Mitchell you don't really have a good history with relationships." My mom said.

"Why would you say that?" Scott snapped.

"Nobody asked for your input Scott," My dad said.

"Why are you guys always such assholes to Mitch? He is perfect," Scott yelled

"He is our son. We are just looking out for him."

Scott's parents got up and kissed Scott on the forehead and waved bye to me. They aren't the type of people who like conflict.

"Mom Dad Scott will treat me well it's okay"

"No it's not! You have a good job and you're going to mess it up being with him!"

"My job wasn't effected for the past 4 years that I've been sleeping with him!" I yelled.

"You didn't tell us you've been dating him for 4 years?"

"I'm glad I didn't tell you. You're acting so bitchy I never should've told you."

"So you've both been dating other people and sleeping with each other at the same time? That's sick. I'm disappointed Mitchell."

"You were disappointed before I told you this! I can never do anything right!"

"You need to make better decisions Mitchell."

"You sound so stupid! The only bad decision he made was telling you!" Scott snapped.

"Stay out of this Scott."

"No stop telling him to stay out he is just treating me better than you ever have and ever will!"

"I love him and will always support him."

"Fine!" My parents yelled, "just don't ever come home!" My parents stormed out.

Scott hugged me tightly, "Screw your parents, you will always have me whether you like it or not."

"Thanks for defending me. I can't believe they acted like that."

"Don't worry about them. C'mon let's head back to the hotel. We have a band meeting soon."

We held hands and began to walk towards the door.