Prologue: When Two Paths Crossed

On the Mushroom Planet, the sun begins to rise and the mushrooms begin to grow.

Soon, one red mushroom with white spot rises up to another mushroom, causing it to tip what appears to be a small rock over. The rock rolls and bumps into a small mushroom, which rolls into another mushroom, and it bumps into another mushroom. Then the last mushroom bumps into a round rock. The rock then bumps into four rocks in a line, and one falls into a gear made mushroom. The gears move and cause the round bucket to tip, releasing the water inside. The water pours into the bottom of another mushroom tied to a rope, making it lower and hitting the ground. The water picks up a tiny mushroom which floats downhill into a spoon like contraption made out of mushroom which turns and drops it into another The spoon like contraption drops with the other end rising and bumping into a line of mushrooms that grow in size until the largest lands on a blower like plant which blows at a large round rock. The rock then rolls and bumps into a cable car like contraption which reveals to be holding something inside. The rock rolls into the background as the cable car contraption is taken downward revealing a cart made out of mushroom. The cable car contraption bumps into a platform shaped rock and opens to allow the cart to roll out revealing a pair of small figures that look like Sonic and Eve in front of it as we see the rock roll in the background. The cart rolls forward as it runs into a column of sticks which fall down making mushroom cups to drop berry like fruit into the cart. The cart then bumps into a rock tossing the figure and fruit out and into a juicer like contraption with thorns in it as the rock drops on it crushing the content revealing a classic Eggman Empire logo painted on it. The content soon turns into liquid and pours into a cup.

Then, someone picks up the cup, to reveal to be Dr. Robotnik, still alive and surviving on the Mushroom Planet after being trapped there.

He then takes his seat in front of his Eggpod, looking over the environment, "Doctor's log. It is day 243 in this, portabello purgatory." and holds the two quills of the hedgehogs.

He uses them to stir as he says, "My only companion is a rock I named 'Stone.'" and turns to the rock that looks like Stone.

He then turns away, and taps the quills to his cup, "The question is, for whom am I narrating this?"

Robotnik then sticks his tongue out and puts it to the quills, causing it to electrocute himself.

Robotnik continues, It seems I have become a feature player in the theater of the absurd. Marooned in deep space by these wretched rodents. But it is all good thanks to a breathable atmosphere and my supreme intellect, sharpened against the only competitor savvy enough to br-r-r-r-ring it."

And soon reveals Robotnik playing chess, using mushrooms as chess pieces. He then takes a mushroom and moves it forward.

"Chanterelle to D4," Robotnik says.

"And it's revealed that he's playing against himself, using a rock like mirror for his reflection.

"Hmm?" Robotnik thinks.

Then lifts the cup in his hand, "I have been striving to make fungi into a functional drink of choice..." He brings it up to his nose and sniffs it, "Mushroom coffee."

He then takes a sip of the juice, only to spit it out soon after, due to the bad taste. He tries another sip, and it's the same results.

"WITH LIMITED," Robotnik says.

He then makes another cup, only to spit it out, "LIMITED."

He then tries making his mushroom coffee with mushroom juice three times, but spits each of them out in disgust.

He then picks up another cup, "LIMITED."

He tricks it again, but again, he spits it out due to the bad taste, "Success."

He then tries another mushroom juice, but slowly spits it out in disgust.

Time later, Robotnik picks up a rope-like wire out of the Eggpod and walks forward, "But today, day 243 has brought a new optimism to my most pressing endeavor!" And looks at a large mushroom and a pole, making it look like a satellite transceiver or something, "Planetus exodus to returnecus and KICK HEDGEHO BUTTECUS!"

Robotnik climbs up the mushroom to a monitor screen placed on the top, and proceeds to press the few buttons on the instrument board, "If my calculations are correct, and there is no reason to say this, because they always are."

He then lifts a jumper cable with the two quills in its pincers. "These quills, are going to power my masterpiece."

Then Robotnik lifts another jumper cable with his other hand, "Let's light this candle, and see who comes a-knocking."

Robotnik clamps the jumper cable to the two quills and energizes the power cable, which builds a combination of blue and red chaos energy. The tower subsequently created a shockwave, sweeping the screaming Robotnik off his feet and falling onto the ground. The shockwaves of chaos energy generate a stream of light stretching through space being disappearing.

Later in the night, Robotnik is still lying on the ground, after his experiment in a way, succeeded, but also kind of failed, and is holding both quills in his hand.

Just then, a ring portal appears in front of him, and opens a portal to a different world. Coming out of the portal are a trio of humanoid alien scavengers, wearing chicken skulls for helmets and holding spears. The three scout the area for any signs of life. The head of the trip looks at Robotnik, tilting its head in curiosity.

The head of the three aliens walks forward and proceeds to bend now and moves its spear towards the seemingly sleeping Robotnik. The alien then gently presses the side of his spear on his shirt, before looking at the two quills in his hands. The alien bends down and takes them from his hands.

Suddenly, Robotnik's eyes open, "Greetings!"

The three scavengers back away as Robotnik uses his other hand to pull some grass, which reveals a rope to activate a trap. Suddenly, a giant mushroom slams down, causing the mushrooms around it to spin rapidly, alarming the three aliens. Suddenly, the lead scavenger steps into a rope trap, catapulting him into the distance.

"Klatuu Barata Nikto!" Robotnik says, and kicks a mushroom to activate another trap.

This time, a giant mushroom stem slams right into the second scavenger, sending him flying as well, thus leaving just one more. The last scavenger opens its spear to reveal a red blade. He then proceeds to swing them around to intimidate Robotnik. But Robotnik has another trick up his sleeve, literally.

He uses his control glove and calls, "Agent Stone? Now!"

The Eggpod engines burns a rope that is connected to a catapult that is holds 'Stone, sending it flying and hit the scavenger in the face, knocking him out. Robotnik looks at the Ring Portal, and his ticket off the planet.

"Hey, Stone! It's time to say goodbye to this," Robotnik says as he stands out.

He inhales and screams at the top of his lungs, "PIECE OF SHIITAKE PLANET!"

Robotnik then licks the quills, electrocuting himself again, before he makes a beeline for the Ring Portal to escape from the Mushroom. However, he is stopped at the sight of a silhouette. Robotnik gasps as he stops in his tracks and falls to the ground.

Walking out of the portal is a red anthropomorphic echidna marches out of the portal with his glowing red eyes. The echidna walks to Robotnik who is stunned by the unexpected visitor.

The echidna notices the quills, especially the blue quill, "Where did you get that?!"

Robotnik looks at the quills in his hand and presents them to the echidna, "From a little blue menace, and a black and red menace on the planet called Earth."

The echidna looks at Robotnik sternly.

"I'd be happy to show you the way," Robotnik says.