Chapter 5: The Search for the Master Emerald and it's Sword

Later, Sonic, Eve, Tails, and Jazz arrive at Wade's house.

"Uh, Sonic? Where are we?" Tails says.

"Welcome to the Wade Cave. Which is something I hope to someday say to a woman," Wade says, and lowers his voice, "A woman who's not my mom."

"Wade, focus," Sonic says, annoyed, "We need to figure out why Knuckles thinks I'm the key to finding the Master Emerald, and why did he mention Longclaw?"

"There must be a connection," Tails says.

"You're right," Eve says, "Knuckles mentions that Longclaw and her kind were sworn enemies of the Echidnas and you told me it was Longclaw who told you that story about the Master Emerald and the sword, so maybe she knows more about them and what happened."

Soon, Sonic realizes, "Wait a minute, there is. Look!"

Sonic gets out his map and opens to the Emerald on it, "There's an Emerald symbol on the map Longclaw gave me. I never knew what it meant before."

Suddenly, Tails notices something, "Something's happening.

The map soon begins to glow as the black outlines turn green and Sonic drops it, causing it to gently fall to the floor. Upon hitting the ground smoke surrounds the map, and then a hologram of Longclaw emerges from the map as she springs her wings.

Sonic is beyond shocked, "Longclaw?"

Upon arriving Longclaw's hologram says, "Hello, Sonic. If you're watching this, then something has happened to me; and I pray that you've made it to Earth unharmed. This world has been chosen for a very important reason. It's the secret location of the Master Emerald and the Master Emerald Sword containing a bit of the emerald's power." as she spreads her wings revealing the image of the emerald and sword.

"Woah..." Sonic says, astonished.

"The emerald has the power to turn thoughts into reality," Longclaw says.

"Like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters," Wade whispers.

Tails shushes him, "Shh!"

Longclaw continues, "In the wrong hands, it can threaten all life in the universe. Protecting the Emerald and Sword was my sacred duty, and now, I must pass that responsibility to you."

"This... is my moment," Sonic says, shocked.

Then Longclaw says, "Follow the map, find the Emerald and sword, and keep it safe. My dear Sonic, you have a heart like no creature I've ever known. I love you so much. Goodbye."

Soon, the hologram ends as Longclaw sings into the map, fading away.

"No, no, no, wait. Oh.." Sonic says, reading his hand out as a hologram of Longclaw's feather lands in it, but fades as he closes his hand.

"I won't let you down, Longclaw," Sonic says.

Tails and Jazz look concerned for Sonic. Eve walks to Sonic and places her hand on his shoulder. Sonic turns to Eve with a sad look. Then Eve gives Sonic a gentle hug.

The moment is soon interrupted when Wade asks, "So, is that..." and points, "Your dad?"

"What?" Tails asks, confused.

"No?" Wade says.

"Chao," Jazz answers, shaking her head.

Sonic walks to the map and picks it up, "According to the map, the first clue is in Siberia. It's a compass that'll lead to the Emerald."

"What about the sword?" Eve asks.

"Hmm, there isn't much about the sword. It's possible that it could be hidden at the same place as either the compass, the Emerald, or at an entirely different location," Sonic says.