Venus's past part 1

It was a snowy day. An old Chinese man was walking in the path of the forest. He looked tired and distressed. But no one knew his sad past which made him look like that. The old man looked at the field to see how snow accumulated. Then he saw something moving there. At first, he thought it is a rabbit. But he noticed it was too green to be a rabbit and moved like a little kid. He slowly walked to it. And he saw a surprising thing. It was a little turtle with a light blue bandana, walking like a human, holding a big egg.

"Kappa?!"

The old man yelled and she looked at him. She was scared and tried to run from him, but the snow bothered her and she tripped. A Chinese man took her and an egg.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you."

He said softly.

"Noooo!!"

A little turtle yelled and he was surprised. She can talk! He was interested and took her into a house. He brought some bread to give to her. She looked at him doubtfully.

"It is for you."

She took one of them and carefully sniffed. Finally, she opened her mouth and started eating. Chung I wondered what life this interesting creature had spent. But she never told him anything about that.

"What's your name?"

"...No.1"

"It means you were the best turtle?"

"No, it's just a number."

"Oh...my name is Chung I. You can live here with me. Can I give you a new name?"

"...Yes."

The old man took a kanji book to decide her name.

"Hmmm. How about Mei pieh Chi?"

"Mei...?"

"Mei pieh Chi. Mei means beautiful, pieh means turtle and Chi means energy. Do you like it?"

The turtle nodded little.

"I'm glad to hear that. Welcome to my home, Mei."

Mei didn't talk so much and was always scared of something. But spending time with Chung I, she became smiling often.

The egg which the turtle brought didn't hatch so soon. Chung I wanted to throw it away thinking it decayed. But Mei never let him do that. Three years passed and then another little turtle was born from it.

"Oh, he is so cute!"

Mei yelled happily when she saw her younger brother for the first time.

"Yes, he is."

"Can I choose his name?"

"Of course."

Mei took an art book and looked for the perfect name.

"Oh, this will be good. I'll name him Oliver!"

"You chose a European name?"

"I took it from Isaac Oliver. A European artist. I think it's cool. You can decide his Chinese name, Dad."

Chung I chose Lǜ shèng 綠勝 as his name.

"If Oliver has a European name, I think you should have too."

The old man said. Mei agreed with it. Chung I took the name from a famous statue, Venus de Milo. She liked it and said that she would use it as a secret name. Oliver wore a green mask and was growing up well.

Chung I taught his daughter Kung Fu in case some people wanted to catch her. He was surprised at how she was talented. There was a reason why she could learn so fast, but he had no chance to know it.

Chung I also showed her how to use magic. He was thinking to give his powers, to both of his children.

The three were spending peaceful life until Nayichu came.