➸ 18

Maude's POV

The entire ride to our hotel Felix didn't utter a single word.

I had hoped that he would at least try to make this road trip bearable, but he seemed completely disinterested in that.

I couldn't care less about Logan. He wasn't Felix.

Felix spent the whole ride in the slumped against the backseat with his headphones on. His jaw was constantly clenched and his narrow gaze never left the window.

I wanted to apologize to him for everything, but it never seemed like the right time.

By the time we arrived at our hotel, it was dark outside and we were all exhausted. I just wanted to lay in bed and have some time alone.

Jack dealt with finding a room while I sat on the couches and watched him. Felix had wandered away and was nowhere to be found.

The hotel was actually quite cute. It was in a large Victorian home covered by lush pink and yellow trees. Vintage yellow curtains covered the windows and there were garden gnomes lining the stairs.

After a few minutes, Jack returned to me with a golden room key.

"They only had a 1 bedroom with 2 beds," Jack declared.

I exhaled. I had wanted to be alone.

I knew it would be unbearably awkward to be trapped in a room with Felix.

"I guess I'll share a bed with Felix and you can sleep alone," Jack said and I agreed.