➳ 20

FELIX'S POV

The next morning, Maude and I sat side by side as we ate.

We were in the quaint dining area of the bed and breakfast hotel.

The room was very pink and old fashioned. It was decorated with antiques and yellowed pictures.

Tall floral drapes covered the windows and shielded us from the bright morning sun.

I knew Lucille would like the interior design of a place like this.

Beside me, Maude was wearing a short light blue dress with a toile de jouy pattern on it.

Her face looked fresh and rosy today.

I cut off a chunk of Maude's pancake while she was looking away and ate it.

Maude gasped and playfully shoved me.

"Free food," I jokingly stated.

Jack look perplexed. Last night when he went to sleep, Maude and I disliked each other, and now we were friends.

"Woah, woah, woah, what did I miss? Is Felix under mind control?" Jack asked.

"I've been hypnotized," I joked.

It actually felt good being friends with Maude, I didn't know why I had spent so much time resenting her.

As we ate our pancakes, Jack excitedly told us about his plans for our day. He wanted to go explore the town then go hiking.

Under the table, I could feel Maude's leg pressed against mine. It was a normal thing, but it made me feel oddly light headed.

I couldn't help but smile as I ate.