➳ 0

p r e v i e w

Maude grinned at me as we laid in her bed facing each other. I felt like her round eyes were penetrating my soul. I could smell the mint of her toothpaste and the fruit like scent of her shampoo. Her hair fell effortlessly onto her cheeks.

I felt very aware of how close our bodies were... How I could easily reach out and touch her.

"Stop staring at me," Maude playfully whispered.

I smiled. I didn't know what to say.

"You creep," she joked.

"I sleep with my eyes open. I can't help it."

Maude smiled at me.

"I've never been this close to your face before," she commented.

"Do I look weird? Should I get a nose job?"

Maude laughed and shook her head, "you look perfect."

Perfect?

I couldn't believe that someone as beautiful as Maude could say I looked perfect. She was perfect. She had perfect flaws and perfect quirks and the perfect face. I wanted to tell her all that, but I didn't have the confidence.

Maude turned away from me to lay on her back.

I looked at her face with a feeling of pure awe in my heart. She was gorgeous.

As I looked at her, a feeling of absolute dread filled my entire body.

I knew now more than ever that I definitely had a crush on her.

But there was no way she would ever like me back.

I was doomed...

⊛ Please vote and comment ty! ⊛