➳ 10

FELIX'S POV

Jack and Maude sat side by side and spoke about their classes.

I sat across from them and dutifully ate fries while listening to them.

Maude was wearing a large leather jacket and her face was coloured by a rosy shade of blush.

She looked nice.

The topic of relationships came up and Jack began to speak about his lifelong crush on Eve.

"I can't believe you like Eve! That's hilarious," Maude said between bites of her pizza.

"Isn't it the most delusional thing you've ever heard?" I  said.

It was more likely that we would experience the apocalypse then it was for Eve and Jack to date.

"Is she single?" Jack eagerly asked.

"Yeah for now," Maude said, "but you have a lot of competition."

Jack just smiled to himself. I knew in his imagination him and Eve were already together.

"Do you like anyone?" Maude playfully asked me.

Her face was brimming with curiosity as she waited for my answer.

The truth was, I had never really liked a girl. There were some that I thought were pretty, or that I liked so much as friends that I thought we could date, but the feelings were never serious.

Seeing couples kissing in the hallways made me feel sick anyways.

"I don't like anyone," I answered.

"Oh really?" Maude asked.

"You don't understand Maude," Jack chimed in, "Felix is an emotionless robot. He's never had a crush. I don't even think he finds people attractive."

Maude's eyebrows raised in intrigue.

"Maude, do you like anyone?" I asked.

She simply shrugged.

"I would've thought you'd have a crush on doors considering how much you love slamming them into people," Maude jested.

I choked on the drink I had been sipping.

"I can't believe you just said that," I said as I laughed.

We continued to talk until a ringing sound emerged from Maude's phone. She frowned.

"My step-mom is here. I have to leave early," she said.

"Aww why?" Felix asked.

"Umm, she just wants me home early," Maude replied.

She took out some money and left it on the table to pay for her food.

"Bye guys," she said and she headed towards the exit.

I felt more sad than I expected as I watched her leave. I turned around to watch her walk to the door.

Before she reached the door, she turned back and looked at me for a moment. Then she faced the door and exited the diner.

"Then there were two," Jack said as he ate the remaining slices of pizza.