Drafting

Auditorium

October 2, 2020

It had been a couple days since the matches. Everyone was gathered inside the auditorium for a special meeting that is taking place. The academies' headmasters all sat behind their desks with Keaton standing behind the podium. He then began to address the audience in front of him.

"Students, we have gathered you all here today for an important announcement. In a couple days, on October 5th, you will all be drafted into different locations around the globe to help bring and keep the peace."

The students all murmured in surprise amongst each other. Keaton raised his hand gesturing everyone to quiet down, to which everyone did.

"And now Professor Ozpin would like to say a few words," he said.

Keaton steps away from the podium as Professor Ozpin walks up to the podium. He then began to speak.

"Today we stand together united. From the four kingdoms of Remnant, to the many nations of Earth. The world has grown much bigger now, and you all will face your greatest challenge yet. Those of you from Remnant, we have had some great conflicts in the past, but Earth had suffered much more and greater in its past. And to those of you from Earth, you may boast about your world being older and more experienced with great conflicts, but most of you have never faced the surprises and trivials that will await you. And that's what makes it all that important to everyone. For As I have said, today we stand together, united. But this bond cannot exist without effort."

Everyone listened with interest at Ozpin's speech as he continued.

"Which is why today, while the rest of the world celebrates peace, Huntsmen and Huntresses will work to uphold it. As students, you will be tasked with shadowing a professional Huntsman, Huntress, or militia on a mission. Most of you may be taken out of the Kingdom for a couple weeks. Others may work within the walls for the rest of the time being. But no matter which path you choose, remember to be safe, remember your training, and remember to do your very best."

Everyone applauded the headmaster of Beacon's speech as Ozpin walked back to his desk as Keaton stepped back up behind the podium.

"The missions you've all been assigned to will be handed out to you on your way out. you are all to meet up at the airstrip in a couple days. Do not be late. That will be all. You're all dismissed," Keaton instructed.

Everyone began to get up from their seats and began to leave the auditorium and get their assigned missions on their way out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barracks

Later at night inside the barracks, the team leaders consisting of Ruby, Jaune, Jacob, Britney, Coco, Sun, Oscar, Nebula Violette, Jesse, Flynt Coal, Arslan Altan, Genji, Brawnz Ni, Hera, and Cardin were all sitting on chairs in a circle, each with a piece of paper in their hands. They were all going over the assigned missions for themselves and their own teammates.

"So where are you shipped off to, Ruby?" Britney asked.

"I'm heading off to a place called Hawaii," Ruby answered. "Blake and Yang are both heading to Menagerie for an event happening there, and Weiss will be heading Rwanda."

"That's where Allen is going too," Jacob said.

"So is Yatsu," Coco said.

"And Reese and Bolin," Arslan said.