Republic of Menagerie Pt. 2

Belladonna Residence

October 10, 2020

The next day outside the Belladonna household, A large crowd mostly consisting of Faunus was gathered in front of the large home. Others in attendance included tourists from the United Kingdom, Australia, and the United States, and several news and camera crews. Sitting down below the stone steps of the Belladonna home were ambassadors from all over the world. Among the Menagerie Guards acting as security, Arslan, Brawnz, Cardin, and Ivori all stood guard, keeping an eye out for any activity that might threaten the ceremony.

Inside the house, Ghira stood in front of the front door staring down at a piece of paper in his hands with Blake, Sun, Ren, Kali, Watson, Yang, Emerald, Sienna, Rebecca, Ilia, and Cassandra waiting behind him, along with several other Faunus.

"Are you okay, dad?" Blake asked.

"I'm just a little nervous. Normally I would be speaking out to the people of Kuo Kuana, or the White Fang, but I won't be just speaking to all of Menagerie, but also the world entirely. This is all incredibly overwhelming," Ghira said.

"Yeah, who wouldn't be?" Yang asked with a shrug as Blake elbowed her side. "What?"

"Just speak like you normally would with the Faunus, or when you were in the White Fang," Sienna said.

"We'll be inside keeping a look out for any activities," Cassandra said.

Ghira gave out a sigh as his wife put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Are you ready?" Kali asked.

Ghira nodded in response and felt a hand pat on his back. He turns to see Sun smiling up at him.

"You've got this, sir," Sun said.

Ghira stares at the monkey Faunus for a moment before smiling back at him. He turned to face the door as Watson and Rebecca approached the door and gripped on the doors' handles.

Back outside the Belladonna household, the crowd outside continued to wait for Ghira to make his appearance. Soon after, the doors open as Ghira steps out with Kali, Sienna, Blake, and the small group of Faunus following behind him. The crowd bursts into cheers and applause upon seeing the panther Faunus making his appearance. Ghira and the others made their way down the stone steps. Blake, Kali, Sienna, and the other Faunus all sat on some chairs, with the ambassadors as Ghira steps up to the podium. As soon as the crowd quiets down, Ghira begins to speak.

"People of Kuo Kuana, people of Menagerie, people of the world, today is a momentous day for Menagerie and I speak for all of Menagerie and say thank you. We the people of Menagerie will face hardships, struggles, and turmoil, but together we will stand united to face those challenges."

The crowd clapped for a moment and Ghira continued his speech.

"When Menagerie was given to the Faunus for helping the humans of Remnant for participating in the Great War, many see this as fair and just, while others see this as a slap to the face as two-thirds of Menagerie is uninhabitable desert with dangerous wildlife. But today that will all change, because Menagerie will not be seen as an isolation from Remnant, but as a nation for all to see."

The crowd applauded again, but it was louder than the last.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile inside the Belladonna household, Yang, Rebecca, Ilia, Watson, Ren, Sun, and Emerald all watched everything down below from the windows, keeping a lookout for any harmful activity.