[Investigate] (1)

[Investigate]

Jacob slowly and carefully walked closer to the bushes. As he wanted to look suddenly he was on his back on the ground with a werewolf on top of him, growling into his face.

Emma was screaming.

Jacob was shouting, struggling against the werewolf which was clearly stronger.

"Oh god, get it off!!! GET IT OFF!!!" Jacob screamed. Emma was frozen. She was gasping for air and backed away slowly. "Emma?!" Jacob yelled devastated. She was not going to help. She was scared and angry. She was in shock. Jacob thought this was the last minute of his life.

The werewolf growled and was about to bite Jacob when finally Emma snapped out of it and rushed to the werewolf, pushing it with all her strength. Her silver bracelet touched the beast, which was howling in pain, jumping away from them.

Jacob slowly, painfully stood up, holding his chest with one arm.

The werewolf howled for one last time then it burst inside out. Jacob and Emma got sprayed with blood.

"If I didn't have enough on me already..." said Emma bitterly. Jacob spat out a little bit of blood. As they wiped their eyes and looked again they saw a completely confused Nick kneeling in front of them.

"What the hell happened?" he asked devastated.

***

(Click [The Road] in the index)