On the rocky road

Lodge, 9:11

The counselors brought their bags back to the van and sat inside. Laura and Max sat in Travis' car and they left first.

Kaitlyn occupied the driver's seat and started the engine. This time, everything was working. They rolled to the road. Emma was sitting next to Kaitlyn, so she won't see Jacob at all. Abi and Nick were sitting in the middle seat with Ryan right between them. Both of them were staring through the window, not looking at anyone else. Ryan unconsciously grabbed his earbuds to listen to the podcast, but his hands stopped midair. He will never want to hear anything like that again. He wanted to leave behind the Hag of Hackett's Quarry forever. He closed his eyes, waiting to drift off to sleep. And finally, Jacob and Dylan were sitting in the backseat. Dylan was holding his injured arm, leaning his head back, falling asleep once again. Jacob put his head against the cold window with tears in his eyes.

Everyone was still exhausted and weary. All counselors remained silent. Some of them thinking about last night, some of them trying hard to forget. The rest of them were staring out through the window, lost in their thoughts.

Jacob stared at the forest passing by. He kept daydreaming about how a werewolf would tear him apart. Or what if the rope he stepped into didn't hang him by his ankle, but by his neck... What if he put a knife to his wrist and cut... If someone died because of him... because he messed with the van... he would definitely do it. He couldn't live with that thought. Once he gets home... maybe he will do it anyway. How could he live with this guilt and with Emma's hatred?

As they left the camp, none of them saw the figure of a dark, old lady by the lodge's window staring at them with despise.

***

The END
TROPHY: Single AF

SONG: Duncan Laurence – Arcade

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! ❤❤❤

BONUS SONGS

Character Theme Songs

I picked a song for each of the characters based on their personalities. (Not the events of the game, only their personalities.)

Kaitlyn ~ Ava Max – Cold as ice

Queen. ❤

Emma ~ Avril Lavigne – I don't have to try

Deal with it. ❤

Jacob ~ Smash Into Pieces – Yolo

Jacob ❤

Nick ~ Simple Plan – I'm just a kid

Nick is such a sweetheart. ❤

Abi ~ Taylor Swift – Anti-hero

I'm not shaming Abi, she's just insecure and this song is about insecurity. So I think she feels like this. ❤

Ryan ~ Linkin Park – Breaking the Habit

Family issues :(

Dylan ~ Maneskin – Bla Bla Bla

Dylan's just Dylan. He's different. ❤

Laura ~ Against the Current – blindfolded

She was all pink and cutie at the beginning of the game and I think she changed the most from the characters. So this song kind of represents her before the game and after the game personalities.

Max ~ Thousand Foot Krutch – Be Somebody

He seemed a little bit insecure too. :(