Cloudy Morning

[If Max broke up with Laura] & [Dylan and Ryan are NOT together]

Lodge, 9:11

"I guess it's goodbye then," Laura said looking at all the weary counselors between the two cars.

"Yeah. Thank you for the clothes," said Max to Jacob.

"You can keep them," said Jacob not giving a shit about his belongings anymore.

Laura stepped to Ryan and offered her hand to him. Ryan accepted, shaking hands with her.

"We're a good team," said Laura smiling.

"Yeah, I wouldn't say that. We did okay," said Ryan with a half-smile, shaking her hand for a bit way too long.

Laura chuckled.

"Finished?" she asked embarrassed as Ryan quickly let her hand go.

"Yeah," he said turning his eyes away. Kaitlyn glanced at a heartbroken Dylan.

"Thank you for all your help," said Laura to the others and turned around to sit in Travis' car.

"Actually..." said Ryan. "Can I go with you?"

Laura stopped and looked at him questioningly.

"Uhm... yeah, sure," she said frowning her eyebrows confused.

"Guess you're gonna be over me quickly," said Max bitterly. Laura let out a sigh.

"You broke up with me," she said.

"Yeah... whatever," said Max and turned his back on her. Ryan stepped to Dylan.

"Hey, uhm... call me when you get to the hospital. I still want to help you," he said.

"There's... there's no need," said Dylan fighting with his feelings. "You don't have to feel guilty. Doesn't matter."

"It does!" said Ryan.

"Just... go," said Dylan. Ryan exhaled sharply. He knew he hurt Dylan's feelings, maybe Kaitlyn's too, but he didn't know what to do about it. He didn't have romantic feelings for them and he kind of started to like Laura.

"Let's go," said Travis strictly, losing patience.

Ryan left the heartbroken Dylan and sat in the car with Laura. Laura glanced at Ryan, their eyes met for a second, both of them blushing and smiling. Travis rolled his eyes over all this teenage drama and sat in the car too.

They slowly headed to the road, leaving the counselors and that goddamned camp behind.

"So, uh... can I join you?" asked Max with sadness crashing down on him.

"Yeah, sure," Emma smiled at him kindly.

The counselors brought their bags back to the van and sat inside. Kaitlyn occupied the driver's seat and started the engine. Everything was working. They rolled to the road.

They were all still exhausted and weary, so they remained silent for almost the entire road. Some of them thinking about last night, some of them trying hard to forget. The couples were sitting right next to each other, arm-in-arm, like they never wanted to let go of their date ever again. The rest of them were staring through the window, spaced out, lost in their thoughts. Some of them were falling asleep.

"This party's dead, guys," said Kaitlyn as she glanced in the mirror. Emma flashed a sad smile at her, appreciating her humor.

Dylan and Max were sitting in the back. Max was staring through the window, thinking whether he did the right thing breaking up with Laura. The rest of the group didn't dare to say anything after all this drama.

Dylan turned his face towards the other window. Abi was sitting in the middle seat and carefully glanced behind at Dylan. Tears were pouring silently down his cheeks. Abi's heart was aching, seeing him like this. She turned back around and her eyes met with Kaitlyn's in the mirror. Kaitlyn couldn't see Dylan in the mirror but she was asking Abi about how he was doing, silently communicating with her. Kaitlyn raised her eyebrows questioningly and Abi shook her head slowly. Kaitlyn let out a sigh feeling sorry for him. Dylan didn't only lose his hand that night... he lost his heart too.

***

The END

TROPHY: Heartbreaker

Song: Christina Perri – Jar of hearts

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! ❤❤❤

BONUS SONGS

Character Theme Songs

I picked a song for each of the characters based on their personalities. (Not the events of the game, only their personalities.)

Kaitlyn ~ Ava Max – Cold as ice

Queen. ❤

Emma ~ Avril Lavigne – I don't have to try

Deal with it. ❤

Jacob ~ Smash Into Pieces – Yolo

Jacob ❤

Nick ~ Simple Plan – I'm just a kid

Nick is such a sweetheart. ❤

Abi ~ Taylor Swift – Anti-hero

I'm not shaming Abi, she's just insecure and this song is about insecurity. So I think she feels like this. ❤

Ryan ~ Linkin Park – Breaking the Habit

Family issues :(

Dylan ~ Maneskin – Bla Bla Bla

Dylan's just Dylan. He's different. ❤

Laura ~ Against the Current – blindfolded

She was all pink and cutie at the beginning of the game and I think she changed the most from the characters. So this song kind of represents her before the game and after the game personalities.

Max ~ Thousand Foot Krutch – Be Somebody

He seemed a little bit insecure too. :(