Morning

Lodge, 6:17

The sun came up shining through the woods. The camp felt like a lifetime ago and last night felt like a nightmare from which everyone just woke up. Laura and Max got to shower too and they finally managed to put on some proper clothes as well. Jacob's clothes were a little bit baggy for Max, but that was still better than Ryan's or Dylan's skinny jeans. Laura got some clothes from Emma, which weren't really her style, but better than the dead grandma dress.

They were sitting in the hall quietly, everyone was just deadbeat. Tired, exhausted, hurt.

"What now?" asked Kaitlyn then let out a yawn.

"We're waiting for Trav... the cop, to come back, so we can finally leave," said Laura resting her head in her hands.

"Okay, I can't do this anymore. I'm going upstairs and I'm going to sleep," Kaitlyn said. "I feel like I'm the only one in the right mental state to drive, so I shouldn't fall asleep in the car."

"Go," said Emma barely keeping her eyes open. As soon as Kaitlyn went upstairs to the beds the rest of them fell asleep sitting in their places too, the couples on each other's shoulders and the others just leaning on the table.

...

Lodge, 8:43

Travis stopped the car in front of the lodge. He made the bodies of his family disappear and fetched a rotor arm for the van. He opened the front door and saw everyone was asleep. He looked around, then headed back down to fix the van. As soon as he finished he was about to go back upstairs when the noise of sirens hit his ears. He stayed where he was and waited for the cars to stop.

"Oh, we already have an officer here?" asked the detective as he got out of the car.

"I'm the Sheriff of North Kill," said Travis.

"Right, sheriff. So, what happened here?" asked the detective. "We heard someone on the radio."

The others inside woke up to the noise of the sirens and hurried to the windows to check what was going on. Kaitlyn hurried downstairs and joined the others.

"What's happening?" asked Dylan.

"We called the cops, remember?" said Ryan.

"Yeah, right, I got a little distracted," said Dylan holding up his injured arm.

"What are they talking about?" asked Laura suspiciously. Three other officers appeared, one of them taking notes on a pad. Travis was talking for a long time with the officer taking notes and the detective talking from time to time, probably asking questions.

After a while, all the officers looked up at the window, noticing the counselors. Travis waved at them to come outside. They did as he signaled. Dylan hid his arm behind his back.

"See? All of them are okay," said Travis. The detective looked at them one by one but didn't go upstairs to take a closer look.

"Do you have anything to say about last night?" asked the detective. They didn't know what Travis told them so they just shook their heads. The detective let out a sigh. "Fine... if everyone's alright, then I'll close the case. Thank you for your cooperation, Sheriff Hackett."

"No problem," said Travis. The cops and the detective got back in their cars and left.

"What did you say to them?" Laura asked.

"It was all bears... combined with a teenage prank," said Travis.

"And they believed that?" asked Laura.

"Yes, they did. The case is closed. You can all go home," said Travis. "Except you two. I don't know what happened to your car at the scrapyard, but it's broken. It somehow fell off the crane. So, I'm going to take you to the nearest bus station, give you some money to buy tickets and off you go."

Laura and Max exchanged glances.

"What the hell happened to my car?" Max asked devastated.

"Sorry, man," said Dylan with a painful expression. "I dropped your car on a werewolf to help Kaitlyn."

"Yeah, sorry, dude," said Kaitlyn. Max was lost for words.

"Alright, let's move. Get out. And do me a favor... never come back," said Travis.

"Yeah, we won't," said Emma grumpily.

[If Max and Laura are together] 

(Click CONTINUE)

[If Max broke up with Laura ; Dylan and Ryan NOT together]

(Click [Cloudy morning] in the index)

[If Max broke up with Laura ; Dylan and Ryan are a COUPLE]

(Click [Shiny Morning] in the index)