Ryan [Gentle]

[Gentle]

"Does it still hurt?" Ryan asked gently.

"Yeah, it hurts," said Dylan. Ryan unsurely reached his hand out and took the wet towel from Dylan's forehead and carefully wiped his face clean with it. "What are you doing?" Dylan asked confused.

"You're a mess," said Ryan. Dylan didn't understand but still let him do it.

When Ryan finished wiping Dylan's face, he put the towel on the table.

"I'm so sorry about your hand. Really, if there's anything I can do..."

"No, it's okay," Dylan interrupted him. "It's fine. I just have to come up with a cover story to tell my mom."

"Well... you could say it was a bear. It bit your hand, tore it apart so badly that it had to be amputated," said Ryan.

"Yeah, that sounds good. Not that good, but you know. A good cover-up..." said Dylan. "At least I know what my Halloween costume's gonna be this year."

"What? A bear?" asked Ryan smiling.

"It all comes down to bears... No, actually, I'm gonna be Captain Hook, of course, duh," said Dylan.

"You're gonna look great," said Ryan and smiled at him encouragingly. Dylan scoffed, embarrassed.

Ryan unsurely put his hand on Dylan's upper arm, the injured one. He gently stroked it. Dylan was still in pain but Ryan's touch was so warm, he felt like he was already healing.

"That's... that's nice," said Dylan embarrassed, avoiding eye contact.

"Let's go lover-boys, shower!" said Kaitlyn marching by the door. Ryan quickly took his hand away and stood up embarrassed.

"I'll get your bag too," he said and left in a hurry.

"Thanks," said Dylan confused. He glanced at his own arm, where Ryan touched it. He felt like his hand was still there. He couldn't stop smiling. ❤

***

Song: Thousand Foot Krutch - Oxygen

[Click CONTINUE]