Chapter 6: A Girlfriend

"You have a girlfriend? Wow, finally! Congratulations!" Taehyung looked really happy for his hyung. Of course! He had never seen his hyung with any girls before. So, knowing that Jin was [maybe] in love and being loved by someone, being taken good care of, made Taehyung happy.

Or so he thought at first....

.

"Are you coming home this weekend, Hyung?" Taehyung gripped his cell phone tightly. "Aah, you have a date with Da-eun? Alright, then... No, it's fine... Have fun!"

.

"Are you coming home this weekend, Hyung? Or... ? No, no, it's okay if you have a date..."

"I'll come if you want, Tae."

"No, no... if you have a date, then..."

"It's okay. I wanna meet you, too. It's been a long time. I miss you..."

"I miss you too, Hyung..."

"I'll come home then..."

"Great!"

***

.

"How about your date, Hyung?" Tae asked when he finally met Jin at his house that Saturday. He felt a foreign sting in his heart somehow.

"It's okay, we can date some other time..."

"Is Da-eun upset?"

"No, she's very understanding. Don't worry."

"She is, huh?" Taehyung glanced down at his fidgety hands. "Is she nice to you?" Jin was rarely coming home lately. He seemed busy with his new girlfriend. Taehyung wanted to feel happy for him. But....

"She's very nice."

"Hm... I'm glad then." He managed to put up a faint smile. He felt a sharp ache in his heart...

"How about you and that pretty cheerleader?"

"Huh? You mean Mi-ra?" Taehyung was surprised that Seokjin paid attention to that. He only saw her once in the basketball match, right? "I've never actually dated her..."

"You're not?!" That took Seokjin by surprise. "I thought you two were an item... I mean, I thought you liked her..."

"... I thought so too at first... But no..." Taehyung thought so too indeed. Who didn't like Mi-ra? She's pretty and sweet. Every boy wanted to be her boyfriend. Taehyung being the captain of their basketball team, while Mi-ra as the captain of the cheerleader team, sounded like a perfect match. And their friends were also cheering for them.

Until Seokjin told Taehyung that he had a girlfriend....

Why did it sting?!

*****