Chapter 10: That's How Life Rolls

A pair of hands snaked Seokjin's neck from the back of the sofa where he sat, along with some light kisses on his head.

"What are you---?" Taehyung was cheerfully asking when he saw a familiar name on Seokjin's phone screen. He stopped and stared. "What are you doing?!!" That second question sounded more like a demand.

Jin hastily put away his phone. He cleared his throat, and pulled Taehyung gently to sit beside him.

"What are you doing with Jungkook, Hyung?!" Tae repeated his question.

Seokjin held and squeezed Taehyung's hands and smiled solemnly. "Asking for his forgiveness." He said. Taehyung went silent.

"Why? You've never wronged him!" He asked a few moments later. "I broke up with him because I didn't wanna be engaged in the first place."

"I might've or might not have wronged him directly, but it never hurts to apologize. I did the same to Binna. I have to make amends, since I want to start everything with you on good terms, Tae. I want to meet them in person to make a proper apology if they will let me."

Taehyung listened in silence. "What--what did they say then?" He asked with a low tone, gaze down on his lap.

"Binna immediately responded and accepted my apology. She said she forgave us, and we ended the chat quite well. While Jungkook left my text as read. It's okay, though. The most important thing is that I've apologized. Jungkook has all the right to not forgive me."

Taehyung looked at Seokjin. "He was... quite angry the last time I left our shared-apartment."

"I understand."

"Do you think I should apologize to them, too?" Taehyung asked.

"Well, that would be a good gesture, Tae. But the choice is yours."

Taehyung pouted. He felt reluctant to do so. "I've already apologized to Jungkook when I left. He was still angry by then, though." He shrugged. "And why should I apologize to Binna?! She left you in your worst state!" He was sullen.

"She left me because I called your name when I was half-unconscious after the surgery," Seokjin admitted.

"Huh?"

"Binna was the one who was there accompanying me, but the one I called was you instead."

"Hyung..." Tae suddenly hugged him tight. Tears welled up in his eyes. "Hyung, I've been wondering... Did you... did you get into an accident because you thought I was accepting Jungkook's proposal back then?" He whispered softly.

"The accident was never your fault. It's on me. It was simply because I'm not careful enough. Now, don't blame yourself over this silly thought, hm?" Seokjin looked at Taehyung, wiped his tears, and kissed him.

"I guess I owe Binna an apology, then." He said, Seokjin smiled and pulled him into his comforting embrace.

"What do you think of Jungkook's intention when he told you that he was going to propose to me? Do you think it was sincere or...?"

"Only Jungkook knew."

"Was our way wrong, Hyung?"

"I don't think so. We got together after more than a month since we broke up with our partners. But somehow some people got hurt in the process. That's how life rolls."

.

Ding

"Let's not meet again, Jin." ~Jungkook

*****