Chapter 7: Forget It!

"I really need a proper shower. My body is all itchy." Seokjin scratched his back after days in the hospital, making Taehyung giggle. "Tae, can you please check the kitchen cabinet for plastic wrap? The top right one."

"Huh? What for?"

"To wrap this cast. I think I need to buy a waterproof leg cast protector later. I have to keep this cast dry while taking a shower."

"Do you need me in the bathroom, Hyung?" Taehyung's question made Seokjin stunned for a moment.

"--I mean an assistant! To help you, Hyung, since you're.... I--uh... Forget it!" Taehyung got all flustered. His brain got short-circuited. "I'll check the kitchen cabinet!" He immediately left without looking back.

"I'd love you to accompany me in the bathroom, Tae!" Seokjin yelled and giggled. "I'm sure we can do so many interesting activities."

***

.

A month passed by so fast. Taehyung was patiently attentive. He cooked, did the cleaning, did the laundry, and was always ready to help Seokjin with every little thing he needed.

Seokjin sat on a dining chair and put aside his crutches. He glanced at Taehyung who prepared their breakfast that morning. "What do I do to deserve you, Tae? I may as well marry you..."

Taehyung poured blueberries and raspberries onto the waffle. "Yeah, I'll make a very good husband--Uh... I... I didn't mean... Forget it!" His voice was low. He was too shy to look at his hyung.

Seokjin grinned. "Then I will."

"Hyung! Don't joke about it!" The younger instantly glanced at Seokjin. His face blushed with a deep red hue. He averted his gaze right away with his eyes widened and his heart beating fast.

Seokjin shrugged.

The delectable waffles were finally done. Taehyung pushed the plate, still didn't dare to look Seokjin in the eyes. "Waffles with mixed berries and maple syrup."

"Thank you. Jal meo geul kke." [I will eat well.] Jin took his plate and began eating. "You don't have to stay in my office all day today, Tae." He prompted, since a few days ago when Taehyung drove him to his office, Tae stayed there all day until Jin finished all his work, then he drove Jin back home. "You can go somewhere else, just take my car with you. I'll let you know when I finish, so you can pick me up later." Seokjin started to go to his office lately, at least once a week, because not all of the things could be handled from home.

"Don't worry about me. I'll just prepare myself for my thesis defense." Taehyung had completed his thesis and now was waiting for the day of his final exam in front of a committee of professors. So, he indeed needed to practice and study a lot.

"I'm afraid you'll get bored."

"I'll never get bored when I'm with you, Hyung."

Hearing that, Seokjin smiled happily.

"I'll just sleep if I get bored...." Taehyung continued a while later.

"Sleep with me?"

"H-hyung!!" Taehyung was all flustered. "Forget it!" He lowered his gaze with a red face.

***

.

"Hey!" Seokjin softly grazed Taehyung's hair. "Let's go home." He whispered.

Taehyung opened his eyes. He fell asleep on Seokjin's office couch after reviewing and practicing his thesis for his defense. "Hmm..." He stretched his body drowsily. "You're done?"

"Yes." Jin's still caressing him. "Eat out tonight?"

"Is it a date?"

"Yes, it's a date."

"Hmm..." Taehyung smiled. "Okay, then..." He touched Jin's hand and brought it to his lips. He kissed it tenderly. "What do you wanna eat?"

"You." Seokjin answered fast.

"Hyung!"

"Hm?" Jin shrugged nonchalantly and got up from his seat with the help of the crutches.

"Forget it...." Taehyung hid his nervous face.

*****